Bose AM/FM CG Player

Page 2 of 2
On Sunday, May 25, 2014 10:19:04 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

e water spill any channel of the AM/FM will only give static response. Is there possibility this mat be repaired, or is the system a total loss?
trader_4 thank you for back up with the good advice that I had already thou ght of. I posted here first to try and learn if the unit was simply a comp lete loss, or if there was a possibility it may be fixed. The closest elec tronics knowledgeable place I have nearby in my little town I may talk with about this is a computer shop so I will be waiting for an "electronics gee k" good friend to get back from the North where he is currently working to look at it for me first. Again, thank you all for advising.
On Monday, May 26, 2014 12:22:36 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

the water spill any channel of the AM/FM will only give static response. I s there possibility this mat be repaired, or is the system a total loss?

mplete loss, or if there was a possibility it may be fixed. The closest el ectronics knowledgeable place I have nearby in my little town I may talk wi th about this is a computer shop so I will be waiting for an "electronics g eek" good friend to get back from the North where he is currently working t o look at it for me first. Again, thank you all for advising.
I assume this has a CD player too? Does that part work? If it does, then it sounds like it's probably whatever board the RF stuff is on that needs t o be replaced. That might be the whole board that everythings on, but who knows . You could ask a repair shop what the cost of replacing the tuner/rf is. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot. A friend of mine bought one of the flat top stoves for a rental property he has. Within a month it had a chip the size of a quarter and corresponding 6" crack. He had already refunded the deposit before he realized it. The stove only cost $350. I looked up the cost of the new top, and it's a whole unit, elements are part of it. The cost was like $275. If you had to call a repair company to fix that, clearly not worth it. Most of those repair parts are jacked way up, because they can :)

Bose is junk! Serves you right for buying the overprice crap. Advice: toss it and buy some real audio equipment.
nb