Bose AM/FM CG Player

Page 1 of 2
When watering a hanging plant a few years back a wee bit of water dripped o nto the top of my Bose. The remote control works correctly, but since the water spill any channel of the AM/FM will only give static response. Is th ere possibility this mat be repaired, or is the system a total loss?
On 05/25/2014 10:19 AM, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Anything can be repaired, the question is how much you are willing to spend/do in order to repair it.
Jon
On Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:09:56 PM UTC-4, Jon Danniken wrote:

I'd start by finding out what the minimum charge is to get it diagnosed and a guestimate on what it might cost to repair. And then I'd look at Ebay and find out what used ones that work are selling for. Buying a used one might be a better option.
On Sunday, May 25, 2014 10:19:04 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

e water spill any channel of the AM/FM will only give static response. Is there possibility this mat be repaired, or is the system a total loss?
This little unit was rather expensive. Yes, when the water drips happened I immediately unplugged the unit and turned it over to allow possibility fo r water drainage. Both the digital clock and remote work perfectly so it s eems that just the speaker/s were damaged.
On 05/25/2014 07:09 PM, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

That's poor logic. The speakers work, it's the radio that doesn't.
I'd start with the RF section, then check the IF
On 5/25/2014 8:09 PM, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Try this group for better answers sci.electronics.repair
On Sunday, May 25, 2014 10:19:04 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

e water spill any channel of the AM/FM will only give static response. Is there possibility this mat be repaired, or is the system a total loss?
This is the one I bought and how Amazon shows it:
Price:    $499.95 & FREE Shipping In Stock. Ships from and sold by Bose. Lifelike sound from Bose® waveguide speaker technology Plays all your music sources: CDs/MP3 CDs, FM/AM--plus your iPod®, smartp hone, computer, tablet or Bluetooth® device with optional accessories Includes CD player, advanced FM/AM tuner, headphone jack, remote, clock Now with: Touch-top on/off/snooze controls; dual independent alarms; displa yed song/artist radio info 6 new from $499.95 7 used from $399.00
You mean 'CD' player I reckon..

Only Monster cables use high-valence, de-oxygenated copper in their cables, so you retain the sonic purity of the source, ensuring the highest degree of clarity, without the muddying effect of inferior cables.
Jon

100% prime grade-A cow manure.
Wire is wire, particularly at frequencies less than 20khz. So long as the wire will accomodate the required current with mimimal voltage drop, it is more than sufficient.
On Tue, 27 May 2014, Scott Lurndal wrote:

repeating what Monster cables must be saying.
The odd thing is, either Monster Cables are commonplace, or you can now buy cables that look like them, because I'm finding quite fancy looking cables attached to the VCRs and cable boxes that I find on the sidewalk.
Michael
On 5/27/2014 4:49 PM, Michael Black wrote:

Hardly commonplace. I think most cable companies supply very good connection cables so they don't have call backs because of a failed cable. My cable company Bright House supplies some really good connection cables. I also have a Comcast account and they supplied really good connection cables. A friend of mine has CenturyLink and they also supplied good cables.
Why you are finding these on the "sidewalk"? Are people so stupid that they just trash good cables? <rhetorical>
On Wed, 28 May 2014, Ron wrote:

are attached to.
I've found four set top boxes that included 320gig hard drives. A 60gig iPod that I think needs a new battery, endless DVD players are now appearing, but I got my blu-ray player last year by finding it on the sidewalk (just needed the blu-ray lens inside to be cleaned, before that it didnt' recognize blu-ray disks). Endless DSL modems are appearing now, not that I have any use for those. I'm not seeing much in the way of comptuers these days.
Michael
Oren posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

The school superintendent had a secretary with a hanging plant above her computer. Warned several times. Total count 3 monitors, 2 computers and 1 printer which led to a h/d recovery that yielded NOTHING of value. Got her new furniture. wonder why school taxes so high? Meanwhile I had to scramble to get her up & running and instantaneous attention was not acceptable.
--
Tekkie

On 5/27/2014 8:16 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Was she a blonde? ;)
Percival P. Cassidy posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

HAH I like that, worth the price of admission.
--
Tekkie

On 5/27/2014 8:17 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Yeah, no highs, no lows, must be BOSE.
I haven't seen one recommendation/alternative (with the same features) to the BOSE Wave that the OP owns for less money.
Frank posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

e the water spill any channel of the AM/FM will only give static response. Is there possibility this mat be repaired, or is the system a total loss?

I originally had that in there but deleted it. YES! The only thing we could figure out was she had pix or a story on someone...
--
Tekkie

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Let me guess - you also own Beats headphones?
Do yourself a favor and toss the Bose in the garbage, and then buy your next radio from a company that isin't first and foremost a marketing brand.
On 05/25/14 10:54 pm, HomeGuy wrote:

And any other sound equipment he has is hooked up using Monster cables.

Yeah! The OP could do what some have said the BOSE name stands for:
Buy Other Stereo/Sound Equipment.
Perce