Bosch Washing Maching

Greetings;
I will soon be buying a new clothes washer and am leaning towards the Bosch 3200 UC, mainly because of its low water and electricity usage, as well as Bosch's good name. I have heard several appliance repair people say that they recommend Bosch because they are longer-lasting than North American models, but they seem to cost quite a bit more.
Any comments?
Bill
snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca said...

The Bosch models I've seen always seem to be smaller. I have a Duet which is also very efficient with water and energy but has a ton more capacity than the biggest Bosch.
I have a Bosch dishwasher and can vouch for the quality of their appliances. They do tend to be a bit pricey though.
I would buy either a Whirlpool or Kenmore version of the Elite Duet front loader or a Maytag front loader. Owned both and both have their good points and bad points but both hold a lot of clothes unlike the Bosch. I found the Maytag reliable even though Consumer Reports says it is not. Also doesn't have balence problems like Whirlpool/Kenmore on weak floors.

say
Thanks for the replies. I too was concerned about the relatively small size of the Bosch's I had seen, but then this one showed up in one of the showrooms.
http://www1.sears.ca/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=1&lng=E&cgrpfnbr 0&prrfnbr5908116
It lists as having the same size as the Whirlpool Duet/Kenmore and Maytag, and most if not all of the same features. I too read the consumer reports (latest as well as past) but while it was quite informative, there was no review of any of the Bosch's. I don't know how new a model this is, having just started looking into the Bosch models a few weeks ago.
The Sears Canada (haven't looked at the US site, but it might as well) has a great breakdown of each model they carry listing many facts that even the manufacturers sites are missing.
Bill

say

http://www1.sears.ca/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=1&lng=E&cgrpfnbr 0&prrfnbr5908116
The Bosch looks small but you can fit a lot of stuff in there. My only complaint about the Bosch is that the dryer (for the older style -- not the one you referenced) is too small. If you pack the clothes in the washer, the clothes will be too packed in the dryer.
They're great machines. Exceedingly well built, long warranty, and they heat the water (plus, power wash gets rid of 99% of stains).
--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

Hi,
-Some- consumer opinions.... http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All-Washing_Machines-Bosch
DO make sure there is a servicer in your area....just in case service/parts are ever needed.
Andrea & Bill Lee writes:

Don't be a sucker for mere cachet.