Bosch dishwasher SHU 3300 cycle not advancing ...

My Bosch dishwasher was having problems filling. No fill, and the drain motor would continuously run. A web search turned up this post to, though I can't find the original thread in this NG.
Anyway, the remedy described here also worked for me. Many thanks to 'mcquarrie'!
Original post: --------------