Bosch dishwasher overhead sprayer arm fell off

I have a Bosch SHX46A dishwasher. Yesterday the overhead sprayer arm fell off.

I tried putting it on but I can't seem to connect it.

This is what all the parts look like:

Is there something broken or is there a secret to attaching the arm?

Thank you,

Reply to
John

Looks like a snap on or twist on setup. Why not call the dealer and ask him? Or stop at an appliance store that carries Bosch and take a peek.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I had a bosch replaced because parts and service cost far too much.

anyhow thats a twist to lock arangement.

bosch dishwashers clean the best, but the design is far too complicated, and unreal hard to service.........

too the trash mine went............

bosch are also the least reliable of any dishwasher according to consumer reports.

Reply to
bob haller

That's a good idea. Slaps head for not thinking of it myself.

I tried that a few dozen times and that didn't work. I don't know if the plastic parts have degraded or I'm not using the right technique.

After 4 years I haven't had any mechanical problems yet (knock wood) but the interior plastic components are designed to fail. I have had to use over a dozen plastic tie straps to prevent the wheels from fall off and all of the other parts like the fold downs that won't stay up. What a piece of crap.

The dishwasher cost $600 and is ultra quiet so I'm a bit reluctant to throw it away at this point.

Reply to
John

My local dealer will get you one if you want it, but no longer has Bosch on the showroom floor. Too many service calls. My first Kitchen Aid lasted 19 years so we bought another.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

ohhhh, my gawd. I feel so stoopid.

I looked the dishwasher again today and realized that the arm goes on the bottom of the upper rack.

The arm snapped right in.

Reply to
John

Sometimes the obvious isn't. Glad its fixed.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

bob - which issue did you get this information? I just checked Consumer Reports (2009 fall issue) and Bosch was listed at the top as needing the fewest repairs. From that I would guess it is most reliable?

Reply to
Phisherman

replying to John, Bob wrote: Dude - you saved me. I was certain the upper spray arm somehow connected to the very top of the inside of the dishwasher and that there was a rod or housing my wife had lost or thrown out. Everybody here is busy complaining about Bosch,etc...nobody responding to the practical problem at hand. You did. Saved my butt. Was ready to make a service call. Thanks!

Reply to
Bob

replying to John, Ijustfixedthistoo wrote: Those two pieces do not attach to the part shown in the last photo. Take out top rack. Flip upside down. There’s an arm there, those two pieces easily attach to it.

Reply to
Ijustfixedthistoo

replying to John, Pat wrote: I followed these instructions too. The arm snapped right in...! But within minutes, it fell off again. I guess I have to replace the arm?

Reply to
Pat

Or what is snaps onto. What is supposed to keep it in place?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski