Bosch dishwasher cycle problem

I recently started having a problem with my Bosch 2-year old dishwasher (SHU5315). When the time left indicator LED gets to 1 minute left, it just keeps going and going and never stops until I manually cancel the cycle. It does this on all wash settings except for the 9-minute rinse setting. Has anyone else ever encountered similar behavior?
    After searching through misc.consumers.house, I have seen some posts which suggest that the heat sensor needs to be resoldered. Only, not having a schematic of the washer, I am not sure where the heat sensor is. Does anyone know how to get technical information about Bosch appliances?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
-David, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
You've got a 1000 dollar appliance there, more or less. Maybe the thing to do is pay the service man to come out and fix it.
The heat sensor should be someplace in contact with the water in the tub, I would think. Locate it and follow the wires back to the controller. Now why the heat sensor would prevent the wash cycle from ending I don't know. Or is this a sensor that tells that the dishes are dry by the increase in temp? In that case it would probably be at the top of the unit.
del cecchi.

The wiring diagrams for appliances are often taped to the back side of kick panels. That's where I found the diagrams for both my JennAir range and KitchenAid dishwasher. Both appliances had service information and diagrams in plastic bags hidden behind these panels. The material for the DW outlined the key sequence that put the unit into diagnostic mode and explained the procedure.
If you are able to diagnose the problem, you can find parts at www.repairclinic.com They have a heater unit with sensor for $98 and a program control module for $142. http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartIDF7038 http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID 0940

kick
diagrams
The schematics for my Boash were folding up in the front of the base tray. They are right though- You have a big bucks dishwasher. I'd at least call Bosch and explain the problem.
On 10 Feb 2004 13:23:46 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (David Martin) wrote:

David,
I had exactly the same problem. I called Bosch and they sent someone out to repair the dishwasher and at no charge. It seems there is a board that can go bad on these machines, especially if one runs in "power scrub" mode often. I can't say enough about Bosch customer service, and recommend you try to call before you attempt a repair. Good luck.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (David Martin) wrote in message
Hi,

Usually a bad control on the ones we have seen... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N0940 Program control module

Behind the lower access panal is the wire diagram, they are hard to follow at the best of times.

Bosch recomends replacing the module rather than repairing it, that module should have a 5 year parts only warranty from your purchase date.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (David Martin) writes:

Yes, bad control module. Probably still on warranty. I had mine replaced for a similar malfunction. It can take a while to get the part, and will be a two-trip repair -- once to diagnose, once to fix. It would have been very pricey if out of warranty.
They sure are expensive. Quiet, and hold a lot, but expensive.
-dB
-- Butterflies tell me to say: "The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation."