Bosch dishwasher

I have a Bosch dishwasher:

Since there is no float, other than to prevent flooding, I assume the water fill is controlled by a timer. Is the timer in the 752738 power module at the base or at the 746432 control unit at the door? The dishwasher is overfilling and I need to change what is controlling the fill limit. Thank you for any serious ideas.

Reply to
Molly Brown

The conclusion is specious; there's no "float" in most washing machines yet they manage to have repeatable fill levels (regardless of whether they have clothes in them at the time, or not!). I.e., the float is not sitting out there for all to see! :>

Pull the dishwasher out so you can access the back/sides. You'll see a bit of plumbing and an odd-shaped plastic "container" (sorry, I don't know how else to describe it). Check it for crud, etc.

Reply to
Don Y

There is a Youtube demo at

You have to pull out DW to remove back cover where float chamber and float switch is located. Maybe float switch is defective.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

There is no float chamber, no float switch and no back cover.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Please indicate by giving me the part number:

Molly Brown

A quick glance at the drawings doesn't show the "container" I've seen. On the models I've examined, there's an odd-shaped "reservoir" of sorts with the float switch inside (i.e., wires and hoses going to it -- I don't see anything with BOTH those sorts of things in the drawing).

*If*, indeed, the fill is time based, an underfill means a dirty inlet filter somewhere that is restricting the flow of water into the tub. Or, reduced water pressure for some reason. An overfill is probably just a defective fill valve (relatively inexpensive, easy repair).

There's nothing *you* are going to do to adjust a timer as it's a piece of software, not a mechanism.

If you want to know for sure that it is time based, you could disconnect the water line and listen to the water inlet valve and see when/if it "clicks open" and then "clicks closed" (with NO water flowing through it to trip a "float").

Does it throw an error code?

Reply to
Don Y

I searched on that web page for "float" and the search returned:

1 parts found for "float"

Float Part #: 622036 Substitution: 00622036 Learn why Found in diagram: BASE ASSY

$5.99 In Stock

Susan

Reply to
Susan Bugher

Reply to
Molly Brown

Error code 15

Reply to
Molly Brown

It does show part #531 on the drawings, "float". That wasn't hard at all.

Reply to
trader_4

How do you know that it's only for that purpose and not to detect normal water level, or maybe normal and too high conditions?

Reply to
trader_4

If it's anything like my coffee maker, there may be a water flow meter on the fill line rather than a timer. Then it wouldn't be dependent on water pressure.

Reply to
Mark Storkamp

Try:

Reply to
Don Y

I checked to make sure there was no flow meter as well. There is nothing on the fill line.

Reply to
Molly Brown

  1. I don't think any manufacturer would want standing water outside and below the tub of the dishwasher.
  2. By the time the dishwasher finished washing the pan would be full or overflowing.
Reply to
Molly Brown

The float switch in the diagram is outside the tub and below it? That doesn't make sense. How would it work like that? If you said that the float is positioned high so that water wouldn't normally trigger it, that would make sense and then I could see that it's only an overflow sensor.

The pan is supposed to be mostly full of water when it's running.

Reply to
trader_4

If it's like the float switch on every other DW I've owned, it is basically the reverse of the float switch on your sump pump. Hollow plastic tube/column extending up from the bottom, the top of which is above "flood level. Into this goes the float itself, a hollow cup with a long plastic stem dropping down through the column. Mounted outside the tub and below it is the switch which is controlled by the rise and fall of the float.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Overfilling is not normal operation. I suspect it is timer controlled (belt) with backup float (suspenders).

Belt and suspenders.

Reply to
clare

I had a bosch for a few years, nightmare/ when the warranty ran out i took it to te recycle scrap place

mine had a buried module that controlled all water levels.

cost a fortune, got clogged repeatedly. couldnt be disassembled and several hours ofhard work to replace.....

it failed twice, both requiring 2 techs to work on it together.

a real pos.......

Reply to
bob haller

And when I was looking it was - get this - the only "american manufactured" unit available

Reply to
clare