Bosch Dishwasher

Yeah - this is my week for home appliance challenges. Brand new Bosch dishwasher that suddenly decided that it didn't want to clean dishes or dry them.

BTW, Bosch customer service treats callers like they are complete idiots.

Turns out that lately, as in for last year, Bosch has been failing to completely pop into place the pipe the allows water to pump to arms.

Repair man walks in, looks at the "clean" (as in NOT) load in the DW, pulls out bottom rack, pops off bottom arm and bops the tube into the slot. TADA DW all better. because of where it is located, you will not see it with the arm in place.

All under warranty, so only cost me a return trip home to meet him for 2 minutes of work. ______________________ Claudia Totus Tuus

Reply to
ClaudCar

I recently bought a new KA dw from my local dealer. He no longer stocks or displays the Bosch dw as there have been too many service calls. I guess that is one reason. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi,

Seen a few times in the last 6 months or so.....easy call :D

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff
.

suspicious of any salesman that tells me that he no longer carries something (that the comp. still carries) because of service problems with the product. By the way, my vote would be for the Kitchen Aid that you bought...or for that matter, any other D/W made by Whirlpool (KA,Kenmore,Whirlpool, Roper).

Reply to
Tom

In this case, he no longer stocks them but will order them if that is what you want. Could be other reason also, such as discounts and other incentives.

In my quest for a new machine, I was disappointed at the quality of some mid priced machines. They may wash OK, but did not look as though they would hold up for a long time. My last KA was about 20 years old and still washed OK but the racks were going and the dryer fan needed to be replaced. This one does a great job. Happy with our choice. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski