Bosch 5312 vs Dewalt DW718

Hi,
I need somewhat urgent advice regarding the choice between these saws. I've been researching these saws and both seem to be quite good. Furthermore, I saw two great deals on these saws that were about to expire, so I bought them both - and I need to cancel one of the orders before the morning. The Bosch was $450 and the Dewalt was $399.
So which one should I keep? I am a budding cabinet maker.
Thank you very much in advance!
Sam
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

been researching these saws and both seem to be quite good. Furthermore, I saw two great deals on these saws that were about to expire, so I bought them both - and I need to cancel one of the orders before the morning. The Bosch was $450 and the Dewalt was $399.

Hi, When I googled reviews for either. Dewalt 5 star, Bosch 4 and half star
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:07:34 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

been researching these saws and both seem to be quite good. Furthermore, I saw two great deals on these saws that were about to expire, so I bought them both - and I need to cancel one of the orders before the morning. The Bosch was $450 and the Dewalt was $399.
I have a 5312. I like it a lot (the up-front controls are a winner) but its dust collection isn't great. A lot of sawdust comes off the back of the blade, too fast for a vacuum in the "dust port" to grab it. As far as cut accuracy and simplicity of setup, it's great.

A good table saw ($2-4K) is *far* more important than a miter saw.

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:07:34 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

been researching these saws and both seem to be quite good. Furthermore, I saw two great deals on these saws that were about to expire, so I bought them both - and I need to cancel one of the orders before the morning. The Bosch was $450 and the Dewalt was $399.

Which handle felt more comfortable to you? Which color do you like better? I think it is pretty much a coin toss as that finding the better unless there is some little feature that you really like or dislike on one of them. I think you'd be happy with the cutting ability of either one . After a quick Google search, looks like you got good prices.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/bosch-5312-vs-dewalt-dw718-724036-.htm atlr wrote: :) I am wondering the same while shopping today's Amazon Lightning Deals.
Differences that I noticed from reading postings and specs are: the Dewalt DW718 can handle 6.5 inch vertical cuts of molding and baseboards and the Bosch 5312 is limited to 4.25 inches on one of its cutting angles, the DW718 can slide cut up to 16 inches flat and 12 inches @ 45 degrees and the Bosch can slide cut untp to 12.5 inches flat
http://www.dewalt.com/tools/machinery-miter-saws-dw718.aspx http://www.boschtools.com/products/tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx ? pidS12#specs
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:45:02 +0000, atlr

Not buying that, on a 12" miter saw. Where is the motor? Hell, where's the shaft (the cut is over half the diameter of the blade)?

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 19:41:37 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

I think this is what he read:
Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 6-5/8" nested and base molding up to 6-1/2" vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts