Booster pump station - National Electrical Code 2008

i am going to give a brief 15-20 minutes presentation on the following topic. Electrical is not my background but I decide to take the challenge:

  1. Assume that you are lecturing in a 16-week class and the students have received instruction on the interpretation of the Booster Pump Station Drawings (provided).

  1. Please give a lecture that explains the proper National Electric Code usage for conductor size and type selection for each of the two (2) pump motors shown on the drawing.

  2. Contrast your selection to that of any shown on the drawing.

my question is where on the National Electrical Code 2008, I would find the conductor size and type selection information?

I can send the pdf so one can take a look at it.

Reply to
vitex2008

The appropriate article is 430. This is one of the most difficult to understand articles in the code. Wire size is only one of several important considerations for motor circuits.I suggest you find someone knowledgeable you can talk to.

Reply to
bud--