bookcase "pins" to go in the adjustable shelf holes

We've moved and lost most of the "pins" that go in the holes to hold the adjustible shelves of our many bookcases. Does anyone know where replacements can be purchased? Online please, as I live overseas. Thanks!

Carolyncc

Reply to
carolyncc

rockler. woodworkers source. basically any place that sells woodworking accessories. you'd probably find them locally in a good hardware store.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Last time I needed some I got them at ACE Hardware.

Travis Jordan

Subject: bookcase "pins" to go in the adjustable shelf holes Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com We've moved and lost most of the "pins" that go in the holes to hold

G. Morgan

Home Depot carries 'Shelf Support Pins'

Brass, Nickel, Tan Plastic and White Plastic...

Rick

Reply to
Rick

You can also cut steel rod the proper length and put that in the holes.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You can also cut steel rod the proper length and put that in the holes.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If they are just straight pins pushed into a round hole; make your own! If shelves not too heavy I've even used some thick aluminium wire. Much easier to cut with pliers etc.Or even heavy copper wire! Other wise cut off some nails (maybe four inch nails) with a hacksaw usually a around an inch long be OK. Terry.

Reply to
Terry

You could probably get a bunch free at IKEA, at their service counter.

Reply to
jstp