Bondo vs Latex Putty?

Thanks for the good info.

I think I will go with Bondo.

I am going to build a "form" for the repair using some scrap wood. But it will be a while, the temp right now is 101 degrees.

Take care,

Andy

Reply to
WhiteTea77581

You really don't need a form but if you use one you'll have to do something to keep the Bondo from sticking to it. Wax works but could be a problem when painting.

If it's you that is suffering I empathisize; if you are worrying about the Bondo, don't...heat just cures it faster.

Reply to
dadiOH

It works great on interior apps, exterior as well but NOT good on redwood!

I've had Bondo fail miserably on redwood window sills. The Bondo repairs are were primed & painted with very good oil based primer. The repair failed in less than a year.

I called Bondo tech rep & got the comment "we don't recommend it for use on redwood".

After that I switched to epoxy

for all exterior wood repairs.

here's the best comparison I could find

cheers Bob