Bondo vs Latex Putty?

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:11:18 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Well, one reason I like Bondo is the speed at which it sets up. That can be an issue for some. It files, sands and paints well.
Phisherman wrote:

Bondo cures and becomes solid whereas putty will remain soft. Bondo putty refers to the putty like mix before it cures. I'd use it for rotted areas which are cleaned to good wood. I've used epoxy but it is more expensive than the polyester, Bondo. To extend epoxy in wood, I sometimes blend with saw dust.

While it's still plastic,it's easier to shave down,cuts down on dusty sanding.

try RAKA epoxy(a thin,boat-building epoxy); they have kits that are not as expensive as West or System Three,and they aren't the polyester resins either.
There are all sorts of fillers you can use with thin epoxy; Wood flour,plastic microballoons,plastic fibers,chopped glass fibers,and fumed silica.I mostly use wood flour and fumed silica.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik