Bondo to fill in spots on concrete porch

Page 2 of 2
On 10/15/2013 8:26 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Clicking on "Data Sheet" gives: http://www.quikrete.com/PDFs/DATA_SHEET-Concrete%20Resurfacer%201131-40.pdf
Which says: "Build up to the desired thickness using successive 1/8” layers."
One of the major problems patching concrete is bonding to the original concrete. That is probably what the "polymer modifiers" are for. I did not read the instructions carefully, but I assume you want clean concrete, and a rough surface may help.
This stuff sounds better than bondo and other ideas to me.
"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
I am (STILL!!) working on repainting my concrete porch (approx 10x10 + 2 steps). Scraping off decades of paint is a bitch. Earlier layers oil-based; later ones water-based (California banned oil-based). Uneven wearing. Spots that look like beaches on a lake...various depths.
In past years I used SOMETHING ???? to fill in that did not wear well.
Paint store heard my sad story & said Bondo could be used to fill in low spots.
Bondo possible?
TIA
HB Cover it with Trex. Future problems solved. WW
On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:37:01 PM UTC-7, WW wrote:

I LOVE Trex, but never thought of applying it over concrete. Do you know of situations where this has been done? Does it require a "bed" to "nestle" in? If so, what is advised? What about the steps, risers and treads?
Also: Around the E. and S. sides of the porch, the concrete was evidently poured at a slight angle -- perhaps to facilitate rain runoff? These areas are about 14" wide, and run the length of the E & S walls - 10' ea. One would have to cut the Trex separately and butt it into the flat layers, yes?
HB
On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 19:37:13 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

extended beyond. Where it is built over the concrete I ran some HDPE strips over the concrete, and fastened the trex over that.
On 10/15/2013 4:16 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Bondo is the last thing I'd use. Warm climate? Cold? Cracks or just scraggly surface (missing aggregate)? I would not bother scraping off old paint....pressure wash. If paint is adhering well, sand that. There is mortar for resurfacing concrete. I've been dabbling with concrete and mortar lately, making planters and stepping stones for yard, but no experience patching other that using liquid crack filler. If I were in a lazy mood, and the suface didn't require structural help or filling deep defects, I'd use premixed latex stucco patching stuff...used it on the Florida condo to fill broken c.b. and (as mortar and stucco) on a hole in wall prior to painting. Worked beautifully, and lots easier than mixing/cleaning up 'crete.