Boiler is on but wont heat up for long

My boiler is on but won't heat up for long. the heaters are on but emitting a very faint heat. I replaced the thermostat in my apartment and still nothing. I tried to jump it by connecting the red and white wires together but the boiler still does not fire up. I'm curious as to is this a thermostat issue at the boiler itself? or a clogged pipe.

Reply to
Alfredo Alba

thhis came up at a friends home, the boiler was low on water...

shouldnt the building owner maitain the boiler?

Reply to
bob haller

Could be many things. The thermostat does not start the boiler, only the circulator. Once water is circulating, thermostats in the boiler start the burner firing to heat the water to a pre-set temperature.

Things to check: Is the circulator circulating? If it is not moving the water around through the radiators, the water in the boiler will be hot and the burner won't go on. See if the pump.motor is working.

Next to check are things like high and low limits settings, relays and the like. If you don't know about them, call a service tech and avoid making a problem worse.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Alfredo Alba posted for all of us...

Ask your landlord Geez...