boiler choice

Any suggestions from the pros at alt.havc ? I have a 30 year old NY Steel boiler with tankless col doing DHW and baseboard radiation. Installed 1976. Runs fine and no leaks. I plan to replace it before it starts to fail, and while I'm still young enough. My two choices are a Burnham V8 or a Weil-McLain WTGO. TIA Mark S.

Reply to
mark schofield

Weil McLain

Reply to
Red Neckerson

If you're burning gas, how about a high efficiency option? You can go with a Munchkin that has a Vision 1 controller on it. You'll have weather responsive controls and lower utility bills. You can forget about the tankless and get an indirect water heater.

Reply to
HeatMan

You may want to let your installer pick the boiler he's most comfortable with. If he's a Burnham guy and installs a WM, he may not be able to make the boiler perform to the highest efficiency.

Reply to
HeatMan

Weil-McLain

Reply to