BoeShield T-9: does it alter the appearance of the metal it protects?

I've read some impressive things about BoeShield T-9 (http://www.boeshieldcanada.com/wood.pdf ), so I'm considering using it to protect some fine tools, the appearance of which I'd like to maintain (especially the polished brass fittings). Does anyone know if this product significantly affects the appearance of what it's protecting? I can't seem to find any info on this aspect of the product.

I've used it for years on bike chains. Boeshield is effectively a wax dissolved in a carrier solvent. After application, the solvent evaporates.
Dry, a thick coat will be a little tacky, and dust will stick to it. A thin coat will probably be similar to a thin coat of oil.

I use it and it has never changed appearance. Actually, it prevents change, like from rust.
Lots of experience in rec.woodworking
On 12 Jan 2006 10:38:34 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"