Bob Vila is a sellout

But Steve Thomas is inadequate.
Viva Vila!
-Trent

Aren't you about 10 years too late with this troll?

i remember him at a hotel i worked...huge huge asshole!!!

i remember him at a hotel i worked...huge huge asshole!!
Vila had a book signing or something at a Sears store where I worked. He set up at a table in tool section. Come lunch time with a long line of people waiting to meet him, He gets up and goes to lunch and left them standing there without so much as an apology. I worked sales for 30 years and many a time I didn't get lunch because there was a customer needing service and I thought that if this is the way he feels about his fans (customers) I had no need to ever again watch any program of his or buy any product he endorsed. He could have asked one of his "people" to go grab him a sandwich and continued on. I'm sure no one in line would have minded a bit.
Tom G.
Tom G wrote:

I remember him on David Letterman's show. He couldn't hammer very well, and Letterman was annoyed at all the plugs Vila was making for Sears stuff.
Conrad Janis, the actor who played Mindy's father on Mork & Mindy, sued Vila for botching the construction on his $2M house, and that was back when $2M bought a lot of house in LA.