Bob Hope

Please remember Bob in your prayers.

No doubt...this country is gonna miss him.

Thanks for the memories, Bob!

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

He has been dead for awhile. why did they wait so long to announce his death.

must have been his 100th B-day party.

why wasn't he at his own party?

something is fishy, this happened when George Burns passed away also.

Makes you wonder!

Reply to
Detector

I blame the Eastern liberal media establishment.

And Clinton.

Definitely Clinton.

Seriously, a couple of sources have pointed out Hope's failings as a human being, including Groucho Marx's son Arthur. As great as Hope was, may he resist iconization. His legacy will survive the hype as did Mark Twain's, leaving us with the memory of a hugely talented and imperfect man. His greatest legacy will be as a very visible symbol of a country that cares for those who make sacrifices.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

On 29 Jul 2003, Jim Mc Namara spake unto rec.woodworking:

Bob Hope's wife once asked him: "Bob, where do you want to be buried when you die?"

His reply: "Surprise me."

A very funny guy, he will be missed.

Reply to
Scott Cramer

Can you explain what that useless statement means? Really?

... You see 'dead people' right?

Despite your efforts, you impress noone.

Reply to
mark Ranesley

Yeah - unlike my dad who died at an early (61) age. All 5 of us kids were gathered around him in intensive care (leukemia) and he whispered to me: "I want to be cremated - mixed with Massengill - and run through one more time." Hard to smile and cry at the same time.

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

My favorite was during a very wet winter in LA. Hope quipped "Los Angeles is a very friendly place. I was driving home on the freeway and my house came out to meet me."

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

if they were up your ass you'd know..

Reply to
Jums

Reply to
Jerry Levine

[..stuff snipped...]

I believe he passed away Sunday evening, 7/27. They announced it the next day...

Reply to
Mike O.

OR W.C. Fields:

Ahhhhh, yesss. Buried my wife last spring.

Had to. She died.

Reply to
Desert Traveler

And the follow of the interview:

"Did she have any distinguishing marks?"

W.C.: "Yes - she had sideburns!"

Loved that soliloquy.

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

I think that it was Bob who discovered the now well-known fact that people die in alphabetical order. The had already gone by the H's when he died.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Come on man, you forgot that mark Ranesley hasn't figured out how to include anything from the post he is responding to.

--jack

Reply to
jack

Sorry imposter - Larry and I are on another ng - he knows my header and you need to get off mommy and daddy's computer before they ground you.

newsengine.sol.net!news-out.visi.com!petbe.visi.com!newsfeed.media.kyoto-u.a c.jp!news.cn99.com!not-for-mail

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Here's a little trick...how I handled him and others like him...

When you put him in your twit list, filter in the first 3 parts of the domain address...instead of his name. That way...when he changes names on you...the filter will still pick him out...and you won't have to put his new name in the filter.

I put his address in early in the game...and haven't seen his posts since.

Works for me...but may not work for Outlook Express.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

You need to get off of the 12 year old neighbor boy before they catch you.

Reply to
mark Ransly

Why, is it your turn to ride?

Reply to
TexasFireGuy

Ahh, so you couldn't killfile me after all eh pussy?

Reply to
mark Ransly

It's not a matter of whether or not I could....I simply chose not to. You're kinda' humorous. I thought I'd keep watching your attempts at slamming me. It amazes me how bent out of shape some folks get.

Reply to
TexasFireGuy