Bob Green: Why extradition is inevitable.

Page 3 of 5
On 8/6/2015 7:57 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Whether or not something is a "good idea" is pretty much a personal opinion. You asked me if I thought it was a good idea, and I gave you a straight answer.
Some people think it's a GREAT idea to hunt big game for trophies. I'm not a hunter, so for me to judge what they do for a hobby based on my own personal distaste for hunting really isn't a fair way to judge what other people do for a hobby. It's obviously OK to hunt big game for trophies for some people.
YOU, OTOH, automatically judge people solely based on your own personal preferences, and if people don't do/say/behave in a way that passes your litmus test then you call them the "village idiot".
What makes you think you're any better than me? You've no self-control and evidently you're incapable of discussing a topic where you're challenged to consider a different point of view. Do you try to force feed everyone your agenda on every topic, or am I just special?

Lawmakers? Sure, their government is going to try to cash in on the issue. If they'd cared before the incident they would have already done something to halt the killing of lions.
Anyone can appear to care in the midst of a feeding frenzy. After they get some bucks from the good ole USE will they actually put those dollars toward their stated goal? I'm guessing as long as they are in the limelight they'll ham it up.
The PEOPLE are the ones I mentioned who are shocked anyone cares that the lion was killed - not the lawmakers.

{{rolls eyes}} Cecil is just another lion to the people who live there.
This article is just 2 days old:
*In Zimbabwe, We Don’t Cry for Lions* Cecil who? I wondered. When I turned on the news and discovered that the messages were about a lion killed by an American dentist, the village boy inside me instinctively cheered: One lion fewer to menace families like mine... In my village in Zimbabwe, surrounded by wildlife conservation areas, no lion has ever been beloved, or granted an affectionate nickname. They are objects of terror... The killing of Cecil hasn’t garnered much more sympathy from urban Zimbabweans, although they live with no such danger. Few have ever seen a lion, since game drives are a luxury residents of a country with an average monthly income below $150 cannot afford..... We Zimbabweans are left shaking our heads, wondering why Americans care more about African animals than about African people..... http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/opinion/in-zimbabwe-we-dont-cry-for-lions.html?_r=0

Did you know that some people, like yourself, consider humans to be like weeds to the animal kingdom? I understand that viewpoint - I just don't agree with it.
Back to causes of extinction and endangered species. Did you know there are many causes? -Climatic heating or cooling -Changes in Sea Levels or currents -Volcanic activity -Asteroids/Cosmic Radiation -Acid Rain -Disease/Virus's/Epidemic/Parasites -Spread of Invasive Species -Pollution (from both natural and human sources) -Habitat change/destruction (from both natural and human sources) -Hunting (for profit/over harvesting) -Over grazing
Man is only one factor that affects extinction and endangered species.
--
Maggie

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 11:29:13 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Whether something is a good idea or not is obviously not strictly a personal opinion. If someone said jumping off the GW bridge is a good idea, is that just a "personal opinion"?

Some people think it's a great idea to discriminate against blacks, to pour drain oil down storm drains, and to destroy 1000 year old artifacts because they don't like them. Does that make it OK or does that make them like you, village idiots?

The village idiot test is met when you lie, when you make all kinds of apologies for Palmer while continuing to ignore the actual facts, when you deny that man is responsible for the decline in almost all the endangered species. THAT is what makes you the new village idiot.

That the facts actually support my position. That I and Ed too, have presented you with facts, while all you do is bloviate. That I don't lie and you do.

Yes I do. I watched a lot of your idiotic nonsense and gave you the benefit of doubt for quite a while. But when you lie, deny and ignore basic facts that the whole scientific world accepts, then you get what you deserve.

The problem is your idiotic "view" is like asking us to accept the different point of view that the earth is flat.

You're special. You're one of the few that are indeed the village idiot. Apparently you've done this before in other threads. Are you the Jenn that another poster said you were, who's been the village idiot in other newsgroups and just recently showed up here?

Regardless, it once again proves that you don't know the most basic facts and are too lazy to learn.

If some uneducated, ignorant villagers don't understand that lions are endangered and don't care, that's compelling to you? Locals, poachers are killing off elephants too, to profit from ivory, so they think that's cool. Does that make it right, ethical or smart? WTF is wrong with you?

Apparently not, because the Zimbabwe govt has reacted to it by halting shooting lions and they are working on changing the laws. They also want the scum Palmer back for trial

So, because some ignorant villagers in Z, don't care, that makes killing endangered animals OK? I could show you polls where they think you get AIDS from the govt health workers or a toilet. What does that prove?

And again, they like you, are ignorant. America has sent billions I aid to Africa, we do care. The Bush administration alone sent $15bil for AIDS in Africa over 5 years. WTF is wrong with you?

More lies. I never said any such thing. But I do note that you have not a single source that says man isn't responsible for the decline in almost all the species that are endangered. That makes you the village idiot, Capiche?

Show us the endangered species that are on the list due to asteroids and volcanic activity, idiot.

Gee, where do you think that comes from today? Idiot.

Pollution, where do you think that comes from?

You really, really are the total imbecile. Habitat destruction, hunting, overgrazing, who's doing that? Monkeys?
On 8/6/2015 11:47 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Why do you keep this discussion going with me? We are not going to agree on every detail, and it's obvious that you get some sort of weird satisfaction from name calling and being nasty?
If you care to keep any sort of discussions going with me, cut out the name calling. I think I've been patient enough.
--
Maggie

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 12:57:47 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Being the village idiot, you keep asking questions already answered. You asked this before and I answered it. But like all of my posts and those of others here you want to pretend you didn't get an answer and start all over. That's what village idiots and liars do. I told you before, I just enjoy taking you to the woodshed and exposing you for the pig-ignorant village idiot that you are.
And of course you could ask yourself the same question.
On 8/6/2015 1:16 PM, trader_4 wrote:

So, you really are what you represent yourself to be. Kind of sad.
--
Maggie

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 12:57:47 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Being the village idiot, you keep asking the same questions over and over. You asked that previously and I gave the answer. I keep the responses coming because I'm having a field day exposing you. And look what we've learned from it. According to Diesel, you're well known as Jenn and other nyms with similar village idiot behavior in other groups. True or False? you. And
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

I hope you know you'll never get a straight answer from "spinning Jenn"! She's proven to a lot of people how truly "speshul" she really is. You may be "speshul" too, since you continue to spar with her.
--
RonNNN

The ballast tanks of sea-going ships are notorious for moving invasive species into new habitats. I wonder who built those ships? (-:

It's probably the buffalo that once covered the plains in herds miles long but that were nearly driven off the face of the earth by hunters.
--
Bobby G.

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 3:51:08 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:

It's good to see that on this nonsense, even we agree. Note that there was no response to the simple request to show us the list of endangered species today that have been caused by volcanoes or meteors.
Muggles wrote:

way of thinking is only as you want. Acid rain. Pollution, Habitat change, Hunting, I can see more than one.
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:51:17 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

Of course your observation is correct. Let's see what answer you get.
On 8/6/2015 2:18 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Please trim excess trailing text.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 8/6/2015 12:51 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

There at least 6 other reasons species go extinct, not just man.
Are you a hunter?
--
Maggie

Muggles wrote:

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 2:29:06 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

I don't think Tony is a hunter, but you're an idiot. Just because there are other possible reasons, like meteors and volcanoes on your list of how species go extinct, doesn't mean that those are the causes of species being endangered *today*. Seen any climate changing impacts from meteors, any sudden climatic changes from volcanoes lately? And even you can't possibly be so dumb that you don't realize that most of those causes on your own list, are in fact caused by man today. WTF is wrong with you?
On 8/6/2015 6:17 PM, trader_4 wrote:

How far are you willing to go to berate someone on a newsgroup over a topic that will be yesterdays news in another week or so?
--
Maggie

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:51:17 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

To put it another way, what's dumb about M's list is that man is in fact responsible for most of those "other factors" today too. Other factors on the list, eg volcanoes and meteors, last happened millions of years ago and are not causes of endangered species today.
On 8/7/2015 7:53 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Do you know how many volcanoes have erupted recently, and what sort of damage they've done to the environment? ... http://www.ask.com/science/volcanoes-affect-environment-ea4f7a572877e0e0?qo=questionPageSimilarContent
According to the Global Volcanism Program at the Smithsonian Institution, as of December 2014, there have been a little over *400* confirmed eruptions in the world *since January 2004*...
*How do volcanoes affect the environment?* An erupting volcano emits gases and dust particles that can cause profound changes in weather and climate throughout the world. Volcanism also *affects the environment by producing acid rain* and making ocean water warmer.
The sulfur dioxide that large volcanic explosions hurl into the stratosphere mixes with water to create sulfuric acid. If the acid droplets are large enough, they prevent heat from escaping Earth's atmosphere. That results in higher temperatures, an element of the greenhouse effect.
The carbon dioxide released by volcanic activity is a greenhouse gas. Greenhouse gases are responsible for extreme weather and temperature increases around the world. Among the consequences are health problems, crop failures and the loss of habitat for animals and plants.
Eruptions might warm the water on the surface of the Pacific Ocean, triggering the El Niño effect, a weather pattern that brings about torrential rain or heavy snow in some places and drought elsewhere. Acid rain, which contaminates water sources, is another environmental effect of volcanism. ...
That said, it's obvious you and I aren't going to get along, and I don't have any intentions of calling you nasty names, either. With that I bid you farewell on this topic.
--
Maggie

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 2:09:58 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Another attempt at diversion noted. Another attempt at diversion rejected. The issue was endangered species and what caused almost all of them to wind up on an endangered species list. That cause is man. If it's your recent volcano eruptions, show us the source that says that's the cause of most of the endangered animal species. Hell, woman, just show us even *one* species. WTF is wrong with you?