Bob Green: Why extradition is inevitable.

Page 2 of 5  
Per Ashton Crusher:

Devil's Advocate Question: How does that substantially differ from what happens in a slaughterhouse?
I can cite a few diffs, but would like to hear what others say.
--
Pete Cresswell

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

its was a special protected lion lured away by the hunter, to be killed. it wasnt raised as food, hunter only wanted the trophy.. he brooke the law doing this
worse the lions cubs depend on daddy for protection, so they will likely die too
trophy hunting by americans should be outlawed, includig making it illegal to bring here any trophys
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/4/2015 9:07 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

The animals in the slaughterhouse are raised for meat. Theyh are not declining in numbers but are controlled.
Lions in the wild went from 420,000 in the 1940's to about 20,000 today.
Deer seem to be prolific and hunting is not destroying them completely and is controlled. Most that are hunted are used for food.
Killing a lion on a preserve is closer to shooting your pet dog. OK, let him off the leash BANG! Got a trophy!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<stuff snipped>

After UFC superstar champion Ronda Rousey demolished her opponent this weekend (in about 34 seconds) the announcer said of her "war face" when she steps into the ring: "She looks like she just found the person who stole her dog."
http://www.google.com/search?q=ronda+rousey+war+face&btnG=Search&hl=en&tbm=isch
In this case that would be Walter Palmer. Sometimes people feel the need to make an example of someone to indicate their dissatisfaction with the leniency of the law or some other condition they dislike.
I have to say, it's sort of odd to compare it to the coverage an abortion trial gets. Maybe if they made films like "The Abortion King" or wrote songs like "In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle, the Abortionist Sleeps Tonight" then lions and abortions would have the same human interest value. But a well-known lion lured out of his sanctuary to be killed by a dentist who couldn't even make a "Deerhunter" one-shot kill. Then he hacks off the collar? It sounds even more Bergman-esque than his film, the Virgin Spring
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Virgin_Spring
where men murder a young girl and then try to sell her dress in town to (unknown to them) her father. The father stabs one of the herders to death before killing the other two with his bare hands.
The only way the Cecil story could get more powerful is if someone betrayed him with a kiss or tried to sell his radio collar at a pawn shop.
--
Bobby G.



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 9:40:27 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

+1
But, OMG! You used *statistics*. I did exactly the same thing and you saw that at least one loon denier here can't accept that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/5/2015 7:37 AM, trader_4 wrote:

You jumped from quoting the decline in numbers went from X to Y and MAN WAS THE CAUSE BECAUSE THEY KILLED ALL THOSE LIONS trying to use the statistics to support your conclusion.
Ed simply mentioned the statistics without inserting a conclusion that man was the cause.
I'm thinking you don't see the difference, though.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 12:38:57 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

You're lying again. I did *exactly* what Ed did. I gave you a link to the numbers of lions, their decline, their endangered species status and I said:
"You really are ignorant of the world around you. Per the reference above, there were 400,000 African lions in 1950. In 1990 there were 100,000. In 2004 the estimate is down to 16,000 to 47,000. What part of that don't you understand? Does it have to get down to the last 10, before you wake up? "
Note that there is nothing there that I posted about *how* the lion population got there. YOU immediately started the BS about statistics not showing who's right, who's wrong. Then you went on to lying, falsely claiming that I used those numbers to claim that man is responsible. I did no such thing. I did say that all the science I've seen from credible sources, news reports, etc do put man as responsible. And then, because you lie, I even separated the two things out for you in a subsequent post. I said from the standpoint of not shooting lions to cut off their heads, it matters not a wit how the lions because endangered. But you just drone on and lie, which is why you're the new village idiot.

Per the above post history, EXACTLY what I did. It's right there in the post history and I welcome everyone to go look at it. You lie and try to make it otherwise, which is why I have no respect for you and you're but cannon fodder to make a fool of now.

I'm thinking you're both a liar and the new village idiot. And then people think I'm being harsh with you? Good grief.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 12:42:57 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

You have no patience or respect for anyone who doesn't think the same way y ou do. We are all different and have our own unique way of postulating some thing...thank God we are not all the same! Here, instead, we have to see yo u endlessly trying to convert everyone to your "superior" way of thinking. There is something seriously wrong in your head...I'm sure your co-workers find you obnoxious when you rub everyone the wrong way.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 1:58:55 PM UTC-4, bob_villa wrote:

Wrong. I have no patience for liars and people who are total idiots.

Someone postulates that the earth is flat, that the holocaust didn't happe n, that matter can't be changed into energy. Does that form just a way of postulating or after pointing out civilly the true facts that they deny, citing credible sources, etc, does that make them the village idiot?
In the case here, I and Ed as well, pointed out that lions have gone from 400,000 to 16,000 in just fifty years. We cited the numbers from credible sources. The village idiot immediately and falsely accused me of trying to use those numbers to prove that man was behind the decline, that it was a moral issue of right vs wrong that statistics can't show, etc. Now, try to stay with me here. That is incredibly dumb for three reasons:
1 - I never used those numbers to show the cause, I specifically stated that I did not in many posts.
From the very first post where I used the numbers:
"You really are ignorant of the world around you. Per the reference above, there were 400,000 African lions in 1950. In 1990 there were 100,000. In 2004 the estimate is down to 16,000 to 47,000. What part of that don't you understand? Does it have to get down to the last 10, before you wake up? "
2 - Per the above, the claim that I used those numbers to show that man is the cause is an obvious lie. It's right there in the thread.
3 - Even children know today that man is in fact the cause of the decline in almost all the endangered species. So, while I never used those statistics to prove it, it's an incredibly dumb avenue to try to segue down.
So, you want to join your friend the village idiot, in denying any of those three points? Before you decide, maybe you should consider how you made an ass out yourself here recently when you slammed me when I said that most PC today have the BIOS stored in Flash or similar and don't need a battery to maintain them. I suppose I should have just let your BS on that one go by, better people don't know the facts, right?

s something seriously wrong in your head...I'm sure your co-workers find yo u obnoxious when you rub everyone the wrong way.
I've had many co-workers over many years. None found me obnoxious. None of them were true village idiots either. And the truth matters to me, apparently to libs like you, it doesn't matter at all. It's all about touchy feely, singing Kumbaya, being nice to liars and changing facts to fit whatever you think the truth is.
And note I'm not the only one continuing this thread. Your buddy M has in fact made more posts, mostly stupid ones, than me. And here you are chiming in too!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 1:22:30 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

is something seriously wrong in your head...I'm sure your co-workers find you obnoxious when you rub everyone the wrong way.
I agree with you on this one...I don't like your tactics and insults to som eone who has been civil to you. It's that simple...you don't have to be ove rbearing with your rhetoric...life is short.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/5/2015 12:42 PM, trader_4 wrote:

First you say you didn't claim man was responsible, and then you say man is responsible based on "science, credible sources, news reports". Make up your mind.

Your post history includes various comments about how outraged you were that the dentist killed the lion and how you'd like to see him destroyed. Then you went off into trying to support your own personal need to destroy the man, and attack his character.
-He and similar are definitely sickos. -I hope he gets everything he deserves. -I don't care if he's guilty of a crime or not. He deserves to be ostracized, criticized and shamed for what he did, whether it's specifically a crime or not. -I'm just disgusted that anyone is sick enough to go shoot a dwindling species -This guy, IMO, is a sicko. -No one is going for blood.
Then you present your statistics along side your personal viewpoint in an effort to bolster your response and justify everything you've said. IOW, you tried to use the statistics to back up your viewpoint of how hunting the lion and killing it equates to "sick" behavior that deserves severe consequences.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 2:28:06 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

See, there you go lying again. One more time, idiot. I SAID THAT I NEVER INTRODUCED NOR USED THE LION NUMBERS TO SHOW THAT MAN IS RESPONSIBLE. I separately said that almost everyone, yourself excluded, knows that man is in fact responsible. See how that works? How they are two different things? Good grief.
Instead of obfuscating and lying, why don't you just answer the simple question:
Given that lions have declined from 400,000 to 16,000, are endangered, almost extinct in West Africa and Asia, have lost most of the land areas they once had, do you think it's a good idea to be killing them to hang on walls for amusement? YES or NO.
Do you agree that man is responsible for almost all the species that are currently endangered? YES or NO.

Lying again. I never said I'd like to see him destroyed. I did say I thought him losing his patients, losing his business that supports his killing more endangered animals, was a good thing.
And note that whatever I said about Palmer has nothing to do with the number of lions in Africa.

And I stand by that. Again, note that it has nothing to do with the factual numbers of the decline in lions. Nor did I say I wanted to destroy the man. Stop lying.

That's because those numbers *do* exactly that. Good grief. When you have an endangered species, where there are 16,000 today versus 400,000 fifty years ago, to any thinking rational person, it's not a good idea to kill more of them to hang on the wall. It is indeed very, very sick. And note, one more time, that has NOTHING to do with how the numbers got there, idiot.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/5/2015 2:16 PM, trader_4 wrote:

The problem with making such a statement is there if no way for you to know what "everyone else" knows/believes. Yet, you insert that into your argument to bolster your view. That's wrong, imo.

I can't honestly say yes or no as to whether it's a good idea or not. The locals don't care if another lion is killed and are puzzled by why Some Americans care so much about it. If they don't care and it's in their own back yard, why don't they care? Are the lions eating their livestock or attacking their families?

No, I don't agree.
[...]

I quoted your own words. What happens when someone is ostracized, criticized and shamed by millions of people at the same time? Don't you know that can destroy someone?? Or are you oblivious to the consequences of your own actions?

So, you DID try to use statistics to support your viewpoint.

"Sick" is relative to the personal experiences and conclusions individuals come to based on their past. When you make such judgements it kind of shows your level of intolerance of other people, and your willingness to judge people harshly based on your own personal biases.

--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/5/2015 3:38 PM, Muggles wrote:

Just the news media pumping up another stupid story. People don't give a shit about the inhumane treatment of animals at factory farms or the cruel way they are slaughtered, why would they care about a lion or two? Sheeeesh!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/5/2015 3:50 PM, rhinotillexomania wrote:

Hadn't thought of it that way, but sounds like it would be true because I don't hear people up in arms about how their steak dinner was slaughtered.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/5/2015 6:30 PM, Muggles wrote:

Really? There have been dozens, probably hundreds of protests over the years. Change.org has had many petitions. Don't forget about PETA.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/5/2015 7:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Occasionally, I'll go to a steak restaurant and I've never heard anyone complain about how their steaks were slaughtered.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 10:49:19 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

i like steak, but dont like how it ends up on my grill, hoever thats why it raised, for food for me
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 3:38:33 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

See, that's what makes you the village idiot.

If you paid the slightest attention to the news, you'd see that the people of Zimbabwe do care. And don't lie and pretend that I didn't already tell you that Z has halted the killing of lions in response. Lawmakers are looking into changing the laws, they want Palmer extradicted, so it's obvious that the people of Z, like most people, care. Do you even look at the facts of what is actually going on before coming in here and making an ass of yourself?
And in all the coverage of this story, did you see anyone saying that Cecil, the well know star attraction of the wildlife preserve was attacking families? WTF exactly is wrong with you?

Again, that is what makes you the village idiot. No further proof needed, your credibility, is zero, your comments as valid as a member of the flat earth society. The scientific proof, agreement of experts is overwhelming and it's accepted as fact.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 7:57:27 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

...an idiot is also someone that keeps repeating themselves!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.