Boat wood

I am in need to replace the wood on the back of my Jon boat . I was thinking of using the composite deck material. to avoid rotting Any thoughts? It needs to be 1 1/4 thick and about 40" long and 6" wide
On Apr 9, 7:57 pm, "Larry and a Cat named Dub" <hdyman58

I would be worried about the structural value of composite material. That wood is a structural member of your boat and should be replaced with the same or better material.
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 20:57:45 -0400, "Larry and a Cat named Dub" <hdyman58

Nice idea, but the composite stuff is too flexible for this application. Teak, Mahogany, or White (NOT red) Oak. Cypress would also work if you come across any.
CWM

Post this in rec.boats, and be prepared for more ideas than you probably wanted.
2 layers of 5/8" pressure treated plywood.

use marine grade plywood. regular plywoods will not use the proper glue.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik