Boat load of GMO corn for sale cheap!

Page 1 of 2
Someone please buy our toxic GMO corn. Those rumors about leaky gut intestinal problems are lies! Please help Mega-Agro Corp CEOs make more money.
http://www.agprofessional.com/news/China-rejects-more-US-corn-due-to-GMO-238874641.html

"China's quality watchdog...."
Must be the same China watchdog that keeps rejecting dogfood, toothpaste, etc, knowing the US doesn't mind buying that kinda toxic crap for its own chemically saturated citizens. ;)
nb

Yeahbut! .....I bet 70% of everything in the store CONTAINS corn. And US has no other kind of corn other than GMOd.
nb
On 1/7/14 3:12 PM, notbob wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/oq8y92e I think the big companies like Pioneer and Monsanto have them also. They are probably varieties for food grade products. There is some debate about the advantages of gm vs. non gm. One advantage is gm versions can cut down on insecticide use. They can also allow better weed control as with Roundup Ready soybeans. Roundup Ready soybeans used to have a small yield disadvantage compared to non Roundup Ready. I don't know if that's still the case. It comes down to $$$ as with most things. Farmers are businessmen in jeans and t shirts.
On 1/7/14 8:30 PM, Bob F wrote:

One suggestion would be for city, town, suburban types to let their lawns go natural. City folk use about ten times the chemicals per acre on their lawns as farmers do on their fields. Cite: http://preview.tinyurl.com/kfpngrm Search terms: farmer vs. homeowner, per acre use of pesticides
Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Not here. We can't use chemical fertilizer on our lawns. It's the law. Golf courses are big time user of fertilizers.

Not to worry. I'll make up for you.

you certainly have spread more than your fair share here
On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 20:20:50 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

You keep proving that you're a pathological liar, Malformed. All lefties are but you don't have to prove it.
On 1/8/14 5:08 PM, Bob F wrote:

the Dachshund or Betty the Basset with their bellies adraggin'? Don't spray. Dig dandelions. Do it for the doggies.

We'll return to pulling weeds by hand.
Unemployment rolls will drop to zero. Six months on unemployment and you're automatically sent to a farm somewhere for weed pulling duty.
Utopia will finally be realized.
So, you see, GMO seeds are not just a good thing, they are the solution to everything.
--
Dan Espen

On 1/7/14 8:28 PM, Bob F wrote:

Well, 2,4-D has been around since WWII. More here: http://preview.tinyurl.com/y93ws3b You'll note that the U.S. EPA and its counterpart in the EU approve of 2,4-D use. The article mentions the half life of 2,4-D being sixteen days. Farmers won't be using it that close to harvest. As an aside, seed corn companies do spray the seed corn plants to kill them off for harvest. They use salt water.

probably. Crop rotation, along with pesticide rotation, can help. My memory goes back to the 1960s before GMO and modern pesticides. Farmers spent a lot of time tilling their fields. It wasn't unusual for them to work the soil six or eight times to raise a crop. Keeping weeds under control in soybeans was just a dream. Soybeans didn't tolerate chemicals well. I spend my summers in crop fields. Fields nowadays are largely weed free. That wasn't the case 20 years ago or so. Even the best farmers had a lot of weeds in the fields as the summer wore on. The weeds would, of course, suck up nutrients and water intended for the crop. RoundupReady makes a soybean/corn rotation more practical. A farmer can no till soybeans directly into the previous year's corn stalks. They wait a few weeks then spray the soybeans with Roundup to kill the weeds. That's it until harvest. Soybeans are legumes. They will leave behind about 45 pounds of nitrogen for the next year's corn crop to use. The Wikepedia article also mentions the most common uses for 2,4-D. The second one listed is no till burn down. That would be done before planting or sowing the crop.
We've poisoned the oceans with mercury, let's see if we can't trash the land too! Bring it on Monsanto.

damn, you've never heard of corn rye? or corn bread?

http://tinyurl.com/lw78bs9 They mention that the corn is conventionally bred. This is from an outfit called Andersons Grain. http://tinyurl.com/keugc6z They use rail cars dedicated to food grade corn. Food grade and feed grade could interbreed if left to nature. I guess the food grade producers use isolation rows in the fields around the actual crop they sell. The isolation rows are destroyed if they follow the same practices seed corn companies do.
On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:16:36 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Damn, did you flunk first grade reading? No, you're just a leftist pathological liar, as you always have been and always will be (too damned stupid to learn).
On 01/09/2014 11:55 PM, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Here's a recipe from FoodNutwerk's racist chef:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/moist-and-easy-cornbread-recipe/index.html

Nice try, but you can only aspire to second-place in the liars club, behind Malformed.

just like a fundie, never let the facts get in the way of their bigotry