Blueprints found

I got an early Christmas gift. I own a 100+ year old home and was never sure of the orig. layout. I knew there was an addition, several walls knocked down / put up and at least 1 fireplace removed. In tearing out the tentest of a lower porch lo and behaold were the orig. drawings for the home rolled up and sitting on top of a stud block. Not only is it in good shape (framable as in a wall hanging) but now I have the perfect referance guide for getting the home back to it's origional layout. I love it when stuff like this happens.

Reply to
robson

If it original you want I'd start by removing all of the insulation :-) One of the houses I worked on a few years back had the staircase moved 4 times in it's 100+ year history and was now back in the original spot.

Reply to
HotRod

You don't say what form the "original drawings" take. There is a good chance the materials will not last long in light. I suggest taking them to a reprographics shop and having copies made. You can get the copies in any of several forms, including electronic. TB

Reply to
tbasc

You don't say what form the "original drawings" take. There is a good chance the materials will not last long in light. I suggest taking them to a reprographics shop and having copies made. You can get the copies in any of several forms, including electronic. TB

Reply to
tbasc

You are one lucky guy! I'd buy a lottery ticket right away if I were you.

Reply to
Per Plexed