Blue (Sulfate ?) Toilet Bowl Stains ?

Hello,

Toilet bowl has blue stains in it.

Think I read somewhere that these are some kind of "Sulfate" deposit.

Must be a common problem.

Anyone know what works to remove them ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Bob

Hydrochloric or phosphoric acid.

Reply to
rbowman

Copper sulfate?

Acidic toilet bowl cleaner. It says, or used to say, that on the label of some toilet bowl products. The Stuff, or some silly name came like that, and then I saw a bunch of the stuff at a dollar store, and bought

3 plastic bottles of it. It didnt' do much. Then I noticed the label was different So it's good enough for normal use, but not for those deposits.

I once had to use the stuff maybe 6 times in a row to finally get all of the bowl clean. One could see progress after each time.

When I first moved here, I spent a long time cleaning the dirt out of the crinkle floor of the shower. It didn't want to go. Now it's probably just as dirty but it's my dirt and I don't even notice if it's dirty or not. But toilet bowls are different.

Reply to
micky