Blue Substance Behind Toilet

My wife has just informed me that she cleaned the bathroom floor yesterday. The next day a blue film/powder reappeared behind the toilet bowl, on the floor, near the base of the toilet. I haven't seen any leaks near the piping or on the floor by the base. Has anybody heard of this or know where it is coming from?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

A tank leak at some point + use of the blue toilet bowl drop ins at some point would explain it.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
On 15 Jan 2007 04:12:12 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Do you have any 'blue substance' around? Like water in toilet?
tom @ www.MedJobSite.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You may want to take a good look at the water inlet. Some copper can form several green compounds.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Well - I jumped the gun and removed the toilet bowl to replace the wax ring. It was an easy job up until the point of putting the toilet back on the screws. However, I finished the job. I also noticed while the toilet was off that the green powder was on 2 of the four bolts that hold the tank to the bowl. It has been warm in Virginia for the last few days. My thought is that condensation was at an extreme and caused the green powder. With the increased condensation, it dripped onto the floor.
However, that only explains the greenish blue spots on the floor, away from the bowl. It did not explain the greenish blue that was at the base of the toilet where it meets the floor. I also laid some toilet paper on the floor where the toilet meets the vinyl flooring this morning. When I returned home, the edges of the toilet paper were wet. Not sure if this s due to condensation or leakage.
At any rate, after replacing the wax ring, I flushed the toilet numerous times with no leakage noticed. I guess I will wait and see what happens over the next few days.
Joseph Meehan wrote:

posted for all of us...