Blue Substance Behind Toilet

My wife has just informed me that she cleaned the bathroom floor yesterday. The next day a blue film/powder reappeared behind the toilet bowl, on the floor, near the base of the toilet. I haven't seen any leaks near the piping or on the floor by the base. Has anybody heard of this or know where it is coming from?

Reply to
RockyCJC

A tank leak at some point + use of the blue toilet bowl drop ins at some point would explain it.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Do you have any 'blue substance' around? Like water in toilet?

tom @

Tom The Great

Oxidation brushed off of copper pipes?

Reply to
CJT

You may want to take a good look at the water inlet. Some copper can form several green compounds.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Well - I jumped the gun and removed the toilet bowl to replace the wax ring. It was an easy job up until the point of putting the toilet back on the screws. However, I finished the job. I also noticed while the toilet was off that the green powder was on 2 of the four bolts that hold the tank to the bowl. It has been warm in Virginia for the last few days. My thought is that condensation was at an extreme and caused the green powder. With the increased condensation, it dripped onto the floor.

However, that only explains the greenish blue spots on the floor, away from the bowl. It did not explain the greenish blue that was at the base of the toilet where it meets the floor. I also laid some toilet paper on the floor where the toilet meets the vinyl flooring this morning. When I returned home, the edges of the toilet paper were wet. Not sure if this s due to condensation or leakage.

At any rate, after replac> snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
RockyCJC

posted for all of us...