Blue LED night lites from the Dollar Store

Page 3 of 3
Andy wrote:

You don't have to type your own name...

That sounds about right.

Sweet.
Awesome man.

You must be retired, you have w-a-y too much time on your hands.

You want feedback on $1 nightlights?

It sounds like a creepy household!

Which one?
Eureka, California Eureka, Colorado Eureka, Nevada County, California Eureka, Illinois Eureka, Indiana Eureka, Florida Eureka, Kansas Eureka, Louisiana Eureka, Missouri Eureka, Montana Eureka, Nevada Eureka, North Carolina Eureka, South Dakota Eureka, Texas Eureka, Utah Eureka, Polk County, Wisconsin, a town Eureka, Winnebago County, Wisconsin, an unincorporated community Eureka Center, Minnesota, an unincorporated community Eureka Center, Wisconsin, an unincorporated community Eureka County, Nevada Eureka Springs, Arkansas Eureka Township, Adair County, Iowa Eureka Township, Michigan Eureka Township, Dakota County, Minnesota Eureka Township, Valley County, Nebraska Eureka Valley (Inyo County), California Eureka Valley, San Francisco, California, a neighborhood

There we go, a retired engineer with LOTS of time. :^)

For a nightlight? I think I could work that out myself, but what the heck. I bet they are some pretty looking drawings!

newsgroup.....

*** Of course you could. However, my philosophy has been " don't try to re-invent the wheel ".... When I see something that works good, for less than I can build it for in my home workshop, I want to learn about it before starting my own crusade....
I found that there's no way I can do it for a buck, and, whoever made it, did it well..... No reason to get inventive on this.. Been done... works well... sells cheap... available locally....
Nuf Said ??
Andy in Eureka, Texas
PS So did you want a ***.sche file for PSPICE, or not ??
Andy wrote:

Thanks, I would have no use for it other than to see your circuit and notes. If you spent some time on it and it's real pretty I'd love to have a look. Please include the word "Usenet" in the subject line, as I have a filter to only let them through. Thanks!
Andy also replies...
Oops, I forgot ..
Eureka, Texas , one of the five Eurekae in Texas
Mine in about 80 miles south of Dallas , in Navarro County, on the banks of Lake Richland-Chambers..... what there is left of it during this drought.....
Andy wrote:

I'm in Houston, we are in the same boat as far as h2o goes!
Andy wrote the following:

What I am interested in is... What's the company name of the dollar store where you got them? Is it "Dollar Store" or some other cheap price store like 'Family Dollar Store', 'Dollar Tree', 'Dollar General', or some other name?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Andy replies: In Corsicana, Texas , it is called "Dollar Tree"... We also have Family Dollar, where things now cost $1.50 USD and Dollar Store, where things cost $2.00 USD...
Dollar Tree is my favorite. No prices are marked. Everything there is a dollar unless it is on sale, and marked down..... I wish they sold beer..... :>(((((
Andy in Eureka, Texas .... P.E.
Eureka, where the telephone lines have more clicks and chirps than a Ubangi wedding ceremony...
Andy wrote the following:

Thanks, I have one near me. I'll have to check if they carry them.

Beer would be less than a dollar if they sold it by the can. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
replying to Andy, GranmaBillie wrote:

I really like these nite lights. I'm going to look at the Dollar Store and see if I can find some more. They are great for all over the house.
On 12/11/2014 8:44 PM, GranmaBillie wrote:

Put a big fast-rise power glitch into your simulation to see why all LED's don't just use series caps for limiting.
A few years ago, the $-store had nightlights with R-G-B leds that summed to white...sorta...

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 04:44:02 +0000, GranmaBillie

They are good, but, you may want to consider buying a $10 emergency night light. There are some LED night lights that are also a rechargeable flashlight. If the power goes out, the bright light goes on to light the way and is then able to be used as a carry around flashlight. I have one on each floor and they are very handy when the power goes out at night.
On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 04:44:02 +0000, GranmaBillie

I'd be interested in a few of these lights, but which dollar store? There are many of them....
In my area we have Dollar General - Dollar Tree - Family Dollar and there's at least two more in a nearby larger city.
Please name the store!