Blows Wave Radio

Anybody try this piece of crap? I don't know, it looks like plastic crap to me. I'd never put out the money to find out since I'm not impressed.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ? ¥
✖
On May 28, 4:33 pm, Claude Hopper (11) 5. ?

The Bose Wave radio has excellent audio quality but -- according to lots of folks whose opinions I have heard, it's overpriced.
My mother owned one for a year before her death and she loved the sound -- however -- it has no knobs or other controls -- it's all controlled from a credit-card sized remote.
I'm very old-fashioned and I want knobs on my radio.
Check out the audiophile radios by Tivoli
Add pictures here
✖
The one I saw had some buttons on the back. But, like you, I prefer to have real controls. Mine is a control issue.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 05/28/08 06:23 pm Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names wrote:

Real radios don't need knobs:
http://www.flex-radio.com
I have also read: BOSE = "Buy Other Sound Equipment"
Perce
Add pictures here
✖
The one time I saw a Bose, it had buttons on top, or maybe on the back. to change the freq, volume, etc.
I'll admit I wasn't impressed.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Everything Bose makes is overpriced junk....they don't even offer specs for ANY of their overpriced junk speakers. That tells you a lot about Bose right there.
Add pictures here
✖
When I buy a stereo I go by what it sounds like, not by the name or what it looks like. Just close your eyes and listen!
I have a Sony surround system which sounds pretty darn good especially with the Sony sub woofer which also has a speaker pointing toward the floor (2 speakers).
Actually I could not buy the subwoofer locally because the "audio expert" stores turn up their noses at anything without a "name". Other people listening to my system are amazed at the sound. Best of all is was about 1/3 the price of a big name system...
"Claude Hopper (11) 5. ?" wrote in message

Add pictures here
✖
In the case of these radios, if you listen carefully, you'll hear the sound of your credit card shaking in fear ;^)

Add pictures here
✖
Claude Hopper (11) 5. ? wrote:

Sounds 10% better (if that) than a $50 Wal-Mart boom box, at 1,000% the price.
Add pictures here
✖