Blown in cellulose, fiberglass, or batts for attic?

Here's the video of trying to burn properly treated cellulose.

click on the big burn link at :

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker

According to Steve Barker :

It's an interesting video. But what must be remembered is that that's just one manufacturer's test (not all cellulose is created equal) shown as a marketing tool, and secondly, I'm not altogether convinced that those fires were that representative of typical fire behaviour in a real building structure. Eg: real buildings will have hotter fires than that.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

hotter than a propane torch point blank eh? well alrighty then..... i think not.

Steve Barker

According to Steve Barker :

They used a propane torch to start those fires. It's _not_ representative of conditions _during_ the fires.

Those buildings were "open" structures (openings instead of doors and windows), and didn't seem to have any interior wall coverings like drywall. These were representative of insulated sheds. Not houses.

Houses aren't built like sheds. People generally don't insulate sheds either. Fire pattern is rather different in enclosed spaces with drywall.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

I was referring to later on in the video where the guy has a hand full of it and puts the torch to it in his hand.

Steve Barker