Blown Fuse with Electric Stove

I found a blown fuse on my 10+ year old, 4 element, electric stove.

When I replaced it with a new one (not knowing what has caused that):

- an indicator light automatically came on (which normally indicate an element that one side of the stove is on)

- None of the element heats up

- Turning on the switch for individual element bring up the heat i.e. it works properly.

Question:

- Why does the indicator light turn itself on (while all element dials are off) as soon as I plug in a new fuse?

- Is there typically one fuse per element?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Reply to
ppwlee

Hi,

Model#?

Some model# helps.

Something likely "shorted" at one time....pot boiled over, tin foil in the element receptical, burnt wire, etc and the contact in one of the surface switchs is now tacked/welded closed and staying on all the time.

2 fuses for left side elements and 2 for right side....they share the fuses.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

J33VKT-1

Does this model# make sense? It's GE.

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Reply to
ppwlee

Yup....an older Canadian GE range.

Small element switchs WB23M91 Large element switches WB23M99

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Yup....an older Canadian GE range.

Small element switches WB23M91 Large element switches WB23M99

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid