Blown Fuse with Electric Stove

I found a blown fuse on my 10+ year old, 4 element, electric stove.
When I replaced it with a new one (not knowing what has caused that):
- an indicator light automatically came on (which normally indicate an element that one side of the stove is on) - None of the element heats up - Turning on the switch for individual element bring up the heat i.e. it works properly.
Question: - Why does the indicator light turn itself on (while all element dials are off) as soon as I plug in a new fuse?
- Is there typically one fuse per element?
Thanks in advance.
Peter
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,
Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

Something likely "shorted" at one time....pot boiled over, tin foil in the element receptical, burnt wire, etc and the contact in one of the surface switchs is now tacked/welded closed and staying on all the time.

2 fuses for left side elements and 2 for right side....they share the fuses.
J33VKT-1
Does this model# make sense? It's GE.
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yup....an older Canadian GE range.
Small element switchs WB23M91 Large element switches WB23M99

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yup....an older Canadian GE range.
Small element switches WB23M91 Large element switches WB23M99