Blown fuse

Page 3 of 3

I can kill myself getting out of the bathtub, but that doesn't mean I won't take a shower.

If I ask a question about fuses on Usenet, getting the wrong answer probably won't matter. I'm not about to trust information I get from Usenet about how to avoid death, so why bother asking?

I wasn't interested in how the fuse was used. I was interested in what "5MF" meant. That would be the same for all applications.

I wasn't interested in electronics repair. I just wanted to know what "5MF" meant. And I wanted a quick answer. This group had much more frequest posts than the others.

I didn't need more people. I just needed one.

and the winner is: tony who got f for fast and bubba who answered the question in the third posting with the belfuse link which showed 5 millimeters.

I notice this is your second post praising Bubba. Bubba is an obnoxious idiot. Why do you suck up to him? Besides, he didn't answer the question. He just put "5MF" into Google, and posted the resulting link. Any moron could have done that, and apparently, one did.
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:43:02 -0600, "R. Gregg Reed"

So exactly what are you really complaining about Gregg? The fact that a moron could type "5MF" in Google and you couldnt? So if a moron could do it and you couldnt, what does that make you? OR are you whinnin because you have no friends to help your "cause"? Are you that lonely? Do you need a computer buddy? Man! It must really suck to be you. Bubba

Nothing, really. I got the TV running two days ago, without killing myself. It's just fun to trade insults.

I could and did. But if you'll check my posts, you'll see that I couldn't find a definition of what it meant.

None that know about fuses.

No, I need real buddies. You can never have enough real buddies.

Sometimes. Sometimes it's great. I guess everybody has good and bad days.
as you see, bubba had the answer for you posted in only 21 minutes. i looked at my supplier websites first, came up empty, and then continued google.com with more descriptive words to try and narrow it down. i think the confusion began when bubba said
"Jesus H Christ! http://www.belfuse.com/Data/DBObject/5MF.pdf
and everybody who read it thought it was a link to Jesus website. :) 5MF is clearly described as the fuse type on that linked page.