blown blower motor

Ed and I get the award for reading comprehension, today.

.

Hmmmm

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

When I had my AC system replaced they put in a "soft start" evap/blower system (split system with compressor outside) It uses a DC motor. The soft start sounded good and total price for the handler was pretty much "normal" so I didn't give it much more thought. After it was installed I talked to the installer some more about it an and asked if the DC motor in it would be as easy to find and replace should it go out as the typical AC blower motors. His answer was that the motor might cost well over $500 but that they rarely go out and it had a 10 year warranty. Had I known about the cost I would never have used a soft start system.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher