blown blower motor

Page 2 of 2
On 11/1/2012 1:06 PM, badgolferman wrote:

I can't speak to the longevity but as far as the expense goes you must remember that the home is in NAPLES, FL! We to there part of every winter and if there is anything there that is not expensive I am yet to find it.
Don
On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 18:06:57 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"

When I had my AC system replaced they put in a "soft start" evap/blower system (split system with compressor outside) It uses a DC motor. The soft start sounded good and total price for the handler was pretty much "normal" so I didn't give it much more thought. After it was installed I talked to the installer some more about it an and asked if the DC motor in it would be as easy to find and replace should it go out as the typical AC blower motors. His answer was that the motor might cost well over $500 but that they rarely go out and it had a 10 year warranty. Had I known about the cost I would never have used a soft start system.