blowing insulation into side walls

Anyone have experience in blowing insulation into sidewalls? Any advice appreciated. Siding is aluminum over fiber board lap siding over 5/8" fiber board sheeting.

Thanks,

Walt Conner

Reply to
Walt Conner

"Walt Conner" wrote in news:zMClb.12804$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Sounds like "an inside job". The aluminum really can't be patched if you try to gain access from the outside.

What is the inside wall material? (Drywall, Lathe & Plaster...)

NJBrad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

A further question - how are firestops within the wall dealt with? Joe Arnold

Reply to
PhotoMan

"What is the inside wall material? (Drywall, Lathe & Plaster...)"

Plaster, just painted and new carpet. No joy here, will have to settle for plugs.

"A further question - how are firestops within the wall dealt with?"

I don't THNK these houses have firstops. (our son's)

Walt Conner

Reply to
Walt Conner

Whereas On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 03:31:31 GMT, "Walt Conner" scribbled: , I thus relpy:

If it is old enough to not have insulation, you probably have a ballon framed house, which will have no firestops.

Reply to
Gary Tait

BUT - how are firestops dealt with IF they are present? Joe Arnold

Reply to
PhotoMan

Another row of holes.

Or you figure out whether you can remove&replace siding.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Thanks to all for responses. If it were mine, I would remove siding, blow in insulation, re-install siding. House belongs to son and he has other ideas.

Walt Conner

Reply to
Walt Conner