blowing dust off screens

I have a cheap Sears 3-gallon air compressor. It has worked fine for inflating tires.
I would like to rig up a tool for cleaning window screens by blowing the dust off them with compressed air. I am thinking in terms of a wand a few feet long with a fan-shaped nozzle on the end. (For reasons too complicated to go into, I don't want to just use the hose on the screens). Just wondering if (a) something like that is already available as a compressor attachment, or (b) would it be difficult to fabricate something like that with items from the big box store (air hose connector, PVC piping, etc.).
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:41:46 -0700 (PDT), Heathcliff

Wouldn't it be easier to remove them and wash them with detergent and water? While the screens are drying clean out the dirt in the window tracks.

Don't complicate the situation more. He could hang them over a clothes line and beat them with a straw broom.

He is alergic to water and brooms, the dishwasher would work.
ransley wrote:

Coat the screens with peanut butter and let the local critters clean them for you. PLUS you get free entertainment - it's a Win-Win!
Jon
Straw is so 19th century. He needs a plug in Elektrik Broom from the 1950s.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I just use the blower position ono my shop vacuum and brush the screen while blowing out the window, I don't even have to remove the screen as long as the wind is in the right direction,
Your tiny air compressor will turn this no-job into a big-job.
My window washer just takes out the screen (in order to get at the windows). He then uses a small dust-brush to brush the dust off the screens. Takes only a few seconds. Very satisfactory and fast.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Welcome Denise...That is how the wife taught me how to clean screens as well....Works slick......Maine here....We're almost neighbors...LOL... ; )
You'd do a lot better with a shop vac and a snow brush. At least, that's my guess. Or a brush tip for a vac cleaner hose.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

    I would suggest a shop vac with a brush attachement to lossen the dust and capture it so it does not redoposit.
Heathcliff wrote:

Try a leaf blower. It that ain't good enough use a pressure washer.

The volume of air your compressor supplies is probably in the neighborhood of 2 - 3 cubic feet per minute (cfm). You would need about 8 -10 cfm, the volume supplied by a 50 gal shop compressor. Yours just won't handle what you propose. KC