Blower stays on after heat cuts off

a delay timer circuit on the control board. They only use high limit swit ches for safety. If the fan stays on until the power is shutoff then I'd s uspect the fan relay on the control board is getting stuck.

Agree. It depends on the vintage of the furnace. IDK when they went to the timer based approach, but it's been a long time. Finding an install manual or following the circuit diagram that should be on the unit itself should show how this one is done.

Reply to
trader_4

asked for an average power bill. Now that we are living here power bill mor e than doubled and I've noticed that the heat comes on like it should but t he blower stays on for a long time after. I'm not familiar with any hvac sy stem. Just curious of what I can do to check this out if anyone could help

Reply to
hrhofmann