blower mulcher for leaves query

anyone recommend a blower mulcher for removing leaves?

Reply to
firestorm31

Save your money and put a mulching blade and outlet plug on the mower. A few passes and your lawn will look neat, The shredded remains will have disappeared by the next day.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

firestorm31 wrote, on Sun, 21 Dec 2014 10:43:22 -0600:

I have a vacuum mulcher which I never use because it stinks.

If you find a good one, let us know, because twice I've bought a blower/vacuum-mulcher, and twice I never used the vacuum part of it for various reasons.

Reply to
Danny D.

I had a Sears one about 10+ years ago that was a combo blower/mulcher. It worked pretty well, I liked it. You could use it a regular blower or attach a big tube to the bottom and a shoulder bag to mulch. The only problem with the mulching is that with a shoulder bag, you really can't hold a lot. It was still useful for getting leaves out of basement window wells, shrub beds, etc. But it's not useful for doing any large, open areas, where blowing or blowing/raking works. And IDK if Sears has any similar today, how they compare to what I had, etc.

Reply to
trader_4

I would recommend that you don't buy one of those blower/mulcher machines unless you simply need a leaf blower.

In my case I had a Black & Decker blower/mulcher and the thing would suck up small branches from trees that would break the plastic housing of the blower. Luckily, the housing broke while the tool was still under warranty, and I got a new one, but I only use it as a blower now because I know it will break if I use it to mulch leaves.

I believe that if you find a blower/mulcher with a rubber impeller in a steel housing, you'd have a much better machine than Black & Decker sell.

Reply to
nestork

Yes, when they're dried out, they just disappear when you mow the lawn.

Someone left almost a whole cigar on my fence post. I threw it on the grass and mowed over it once. No trace of it.

That's what garden shops recommend.

Blowers make a lot of noise and just blow things around If a sidewalk or or driveway has leaves on it, a broom takes no more time, or leave it the way nature made it.

Reply to
micky

I can say, I'm not impressed with my Stihl unit. It somewhat mulches, but only partially. For bagging, it works for small piles. It works fine blowing.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

did you look to see if the maker of the device has an attachment accessory to pipe it to a can?

from what research I've done, there are some models that will let you pipe mulched remains to a garbage can instead of a bag.

Reply to
firestorm31

thanx for letting me know about black & decker. they're off the list.

Reply to
firestorm31