Blower Motor Failure

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:02:48 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Trane will only come out with a dealer that can remedy the problem. That dealer may or may not charge him. His best bet would be to call a reputable licensed hvac contractor. Explain over the phone what has been happening and that he wants the duct work sizing addresses along with whatever else will help remedy the problem. Call until you find one that can help. Bubba
On 26 Mar 2006 08:57:19 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net"

There should be a resident, or nearby Mr Trane that the dealer can call out. He came with some strange and wonderful test equipment that the dealer didnt have. My 16i has a 10 year parts/labor warranty. We really used it. I experienced similar loud, not properly running problem upon installation. Took some time, but after replacing the circuit board and the motor, they found out it was the connecting cable. This is particularly important if you have a variable speed air handler/system. The blower was actually running faster than called for for the unit, in any mode of operation You can go here and post your question: http://www.hvacware.com/user-cgi/hvaconfig.pl Go in with the model, etc for the outdoor unit, the air handler and the thermostat, so they won't have to ask. I found them very helpful. You may also want to go to Trane's site and see if you can download the installation instructions for all of those pieces of equipment. I found all sorts of goodies in my quest to help Trane fix it.