Blower Motor Does Not Turn On.

Hi,
I'm having problems with my furnace. The thermostat works fine because it keeps calling for heat. The Pilot Light and burners work because they kick on. When it "seems like" the blower should turn on nothing happens and then the burners turn off again. This is a really old Flame Master furnace, pretty sure the company isn't around anymore. Does anybody know where I can start to trace the problem? Is it the motor itself (I can turn it by hand and it spins no problem)? I'm at a loss as to what to do and I live in a very small town and all the furnace guys are booked untill the new year so I have to try to find a solution myself.
Any help would be appreciated.
Kevin
WayNorth wrote:

Pick an article from:
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=furnace+fan+limit+switch&hl=en&num &btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

then
There is probably a temp switch above the burner which controls this. Check it.
If you have a switch for "fan-only" operation, turning it on would probably get you heat.
Bob
The older furnace blower motors had reset switches on them, the motor is not starting and that might cause your blower switch to hit high limit, and causing the burners to shut down. The motor starting switch might be bad, or the motor winding are shot.

What I'd want to know is if the motor is getting power. If it is, you've got a bad blower motor. Or a bad run capacitor.
If the motor isn't getting power, I'd be thinking fan limit switch. Or, fan center.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.