Blow torch, propane torch

Page 3 of 3

I see your argument but it reminds me of an occasion where the only someone dies and people run in and take his stuff. The propane torch had a name, a specific one**, and afaic the gasoline torch had a name that bleonged to it, and should have been retired or assigned to history,

**I don't see the point of using a generic name, if that is what it is***, when one could have continued to use the specific name, propane torch.
***It seems to me that by the liberal^^ definition of blowtorch, the only torch that isn't a blowtorch is the kind the villagers carried in the first Frankenstein movie. :)
^^And I'm not against liberals or liberalism, except on an occasional case-by-case basis. :)
<grin>

My mother called a propane torch a blowtorch 30 years ago.
http://www.answers.com/blowtorch

Simple definition, but not very detailed. It does not mix just oxygen in true terms as the original blow torches used air. Oxy-Acetylene torches (as well as a few others) use compressed oxygen combining the gasses at the tip. .
Original design was a gasoline powered torch that blew air with the fuel. .