Blow in wall insulation

Page 2 of 2
If your only goal is to reduce noise, I would suggest adding a new layer or two of drywall.
Check out http://www.soundproofing.org /
In general you want to block air exchange. Air caries sound very well. (Try opening your car's window as a train is going by.)
Next you want weight. Heavy things (drywall lead sheets etc.) block sound well.
You also want to prevent any direct solid connections. Stagger wall studs or use special isolation devices to keep the sound from traveling through the wall (remember the two cans on a string (well wire actuarially worked) you want to break the wire).
Filling in wall cavities with sound absorbing materials (acoustical fiberglass bats) will do a little.
Point source control (special absorption material) at the source of the sound will also help.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Hello everyone and thank you for your suggestions. I do understand that heavier and denser materials will not transmit as much sound as say, insulation, however none of the other suggestions would be workable. In addition, I'm just looking for roughly a 50% reduction in sound transmission with somewhat ease and cost, I believe I can attain that with a insulation filler.
I really appreciate the other suggestions though.
smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Earplugs. Fifty cents.