Blow in Cellulose

I have a section of lower-level ceiling behind drywall next to the rim joist that is cold. I'd like to insulate it. I remember reading in this newsgroup that someone took a leaf blower and blew cellulose with some success.
Has anyone done that with good results? I don't want to hire a company for such a small job.

Not knocking cellulose, but you are likely to get condensation next to a rim joist, unless you can install a vapor barrier. I'd recommend cutting rigid foam to fit and using a foam gun to get a good seal between the foam and the wood.
No vapor barrier required with cellulose in most climates.

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 11:32:05 -0500, "S. Barker"
It certainly turns to grey sludge in Florida

I love cellulose- but I'm with Marson on this one. I'd go at it first with expanding foam on the coldest day of the year & locate all the infiltration points. Then I'd use rigid foam sealed with the expanding stuff.
Cellulose installed with a leave blower is an exercise in futility.
The machine to blow cellulose is usually a free loan when you buy the cellulose from the big box stores--- But filling a 10" cavity for just a few feet is not cellulose's strong suit. Wall cavities and attics are.
Jim