Blocking access under the stage

Page 2 of 2
On Mar 11, 11:51 am, "Stormin Mormon"

If it's in a church the kids should know that heaven is up and hell is down. Make it hellish for them to get in, or be in, there.
I've tried, for sure.
If it's in a church the kids should know that heaven is up and hell is down. Make it hellish for them to get in, or be in, there.
Tues March 26, 2013
I was in the building, today. Had a look. Someone kicked in the door I put up. Kicked with enough force to break the door at the hinges (top and bottom) and also bend severely the hasp.
I called the church's maint group, who took the job out of my control. They figure to cover the opening with liquid nails, plywood, screws.
I've also sent photos to the local leadership, with reccmendation they call the sherrifs department. Breaking and entering, trespassing, destruction of property. I expect they will handle the matter on a local level, and not call the sherrifs.
It's that liberal mentality, they're evil doers.
Their actions are clearly from listening to Obumer

Anyone can get in anywhere if they really want to:(
So secure the area as best as possible.....
Put a motion detector light and camera to monitor the area, Add a motion detector inside the secure area
On 3/11/2013 8:08 PM, bob haller wrote:

If everything else is glued and screwed or nailed and this is the only area that they can gain easy access to, then go with heave plywood panel with security screws (thinking the torx type with the pine requiring a hollow driver bit?). If four of them will do the job, then use 25 and make them work at it. Maintenance has the bit and an electric driver so that should not bug them as much as going under and picking up the used condoms<g>
If they still get in, find some glass wool insulation batting and strip the facing from about 20' of it so it's nice and loose. Give them something "comfy" to sit/lay on. If they DO get in and use the space, just look for the ones with the itchy private parts and have a chat with them.
I don't have that much budget to work with.
Anyone can get in anywhere if they really want to:(
So secure the area as best as possible.....
Put a motion detector light and camera to monitor the area, Add a motion detector inside the secure area
On Mar 12, 1:00 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

ly

What, perform a school massacre?
Thursday May 14. I'd found a white particle board door (with two cheap hinges, and a couple screw eyes, and a padlock) under the stage. Figured this might have been earlier attempt to close the stage. On Thursday, I cut the board to shape, to better fit into the hole. Put on a couple bigger hinges, and a hasp for a padlock. Instead of the screw eyes.
Friday May 15, I installed the door, closing the access. We'll see how long that lasts. The last blocker lasted about a week.
Technical challenge. Under the stage at church, is an area which the teens discovered as a hide out. No adults, no lights. Not safe.
There is access about 24 x width of two stud bays. About 20 wide. I put in another stud there, to block access. The kids took it out (couple drywall screws, no big deal). I guess they didn't get the point "stay out" or got the point, and don't care. I'm looking for a cheap way to block the access. Ideally, it should be removable so the maint department can get in later.
I've got a few ideas, but I'm sure you'd have some ideas that would not occur to me.
Plan at the moment is replace the stud, and put some gorilla glue on the ends, so it's glued in good. Put a couple bars horizontal. Wood, or metal, not sure. Attach the horizontals with drilled torx screws, or maybe one way slope screws. Carpet ring nails, maybe.
I've got some wardrobe shelf I can cut to shape to make a grille, but not sure how to anchor that. Also thinking refrigerator shelf or oven shelf cut to size.
Others have suggested to cut a solid door to shape, use NRP hinges, and some kind of lock. That could work.

I still don't quite understand how the teenagers have unlimited access to this area. Where is this stage that the teenagers can get into the area and rip out 2x4's? Most church stages that I've seen are in rooms that can be locked. How is that the teenagers can be so destructive without getting caught?
On 03/15/2013 07:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Remember, these are Mormon teens. Mormons are very defiant, going against the flow is in their blood.
Hell, look at our resident top-poster if you don't believe me. ;-)
Not sure it's unlimited, but some of the teens borrow their parents key to the building to play basketball, etc. The area in question is under the stage. Which is at the other end of the building from the chapel. This area is not locked (other than being inside the building.) Oh, and I put a door across the access, with hinges and hasp and padlock. Not sure how long that will help.