blocked drainage pipe

Hello,

Due to time and some recent landscaping work my exterior drainage piping is clogged. This is that 4 inch corrugated stuff and is old enough that it looks to be fairly fragile.

Any trick to unclogging this stuff? I'm a bit leery of using a snake on it especially a powered one that most of the pros use.

Yes, I will be mentioning this to my landscaper but I can only blame them so much. The same problem would have eventually arisen even without the landscape work done.

I'd really rather not have to dig it all up and replace it.

thanks ml

Reply to
kzin

There is an inexpensive unit called a drain king that you might try. I think I would run it upstream depending on what is blocking the pipe and how far it is. Here is an example:

Reply to
DanG

Have you tried Drano? :-)

Seriously, use the snake. If you have a manual snake and a water hose, you should be able to clear it. If it is so fragile that it is going to break, it will do it with either kind of snake. It should not be brittle if it has always been buried.

Reply to
Robert Allison