block floor filler

I have a wood block floor- not laminate, and over the years small gaps have opened up between the blocks. The floor is stained Medium Oak, and the gaps are dark coloured. Going to belt sand and re-varnish. what type of filler should I use- normal filler, mastic type(flexible) and recommended brands ??/