Blinker Fluid

The garage did my blinker fluid a couple weeks ago. Wish I'd known I could get it online, woulda saved me a couple hundred bucks. They had to blow the electrons out of the lines, and top off the electrical level, too. Took em most of all day to get it done.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Same situation but they were having a special, they clean and repacked the muffler bearings for free.

PV

.
Reply to
PV

My dealer throws in a free winter air change in the tires as a promo.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Now that would seal the deal!

PV

Reply to
PV

cheapskate !! !! !! .. .. .. shoulda paid a little $$$ extra and had them use the premium halogen fluid !! !! !!

Reply to
Anonymous

Did they also change the air in tires from summer air to winter air ??

Reply to
Reed

Dang! Nobody ever tells me about the good stuff!

Reply to
C & E

Hey, that's not that funny. We actually have garages that fill you tires with nitrogen for something like $6 each with free top-offs. If you have a flat and fit it somewhere else, you bring it in and the will suck out the air and put the nitrogen in. So they are, in effect, changing the air. Go figure.

Reply to
Pat

Chris, Brigham Young just turned over in his grave trying to figure out

what has happened to you. Jack & Ginger

Reply to
Jack

Most dealers will also drain the light suckers as part of the service.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

"Pat" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

Considering that normal air is 70% nitrogen to begin with... Is there any actual reason you'd want to fill your tires with nitrogen? Or was that the joke and I'm just too stupid to get it?

-- Possibly stupid Bob

Reply to
Odd Bob

The guys where I take my car have not even suggested this yet! And here I was trusting them to keep up all the routine maintenance my car needs. Obviously they are just taking advantage of female customers again....

Jo Ann

Storm> The garage did my blinker fluid a couple weeks ago. Wish I'd known I

Reply to
jah213

actual reason you'd want to fill

It's 80%...what's "abnormal" air? :)

Reply to
cavedweller

"cavedweller" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Excuse me, 78%. Wasn't thinking there. As for 'abnormal' air, presumably it's whatever they're putting in the tires...

-- Bob

Reply to
Odd Bob

actual reason you'd want to fill

AIUI oxygen attacks the rubber. At higher pressure (2.5ATM) some say the degradation is significant. Nitrogen is also dried so will not add water to the tire. Do I believe the difference is significant? I'm not convinced. Do I bother? Nope.

Reply to
krw

There is also advertising (note that I don't say studies) that say you get better gas mileage with the nitrogen. If they put it in for free with my next set, I'll probably get it. If not...

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

And what about the oxygen on the outside? And how about comparing to the effects of road wear? What is the point of eliminating the effects of two miles of driving if you're going to drive ten thousand times that in a year?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

It's the same statistical lie used by lubricating oil companies. (compare against car that been using the same oil for 150K miles)

The fuel economy improvement when using nitrogen in the tires is undoubtably when compared to running on four flat tires.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

This is the local company. I have NO IDEA if this works or not.

I asked about nitro of the engine instead of the tires, but they just looked at me funny.

Odd Bob wrote:

actual reason you'd want to fill

Reply to
Pat

His point was that the higher pressure within the tire would increase the activity of the oxygen beyond normal atmospheric.....but note the "some say". I'll continue to use the 80% stuff.

Reply to
cavedweller