Blinker Fluid

Page 1 of 2

The garage did my blinker fluid a couple weeks ago. Wish I'd known I could get it online, woulda saved me a couple hundred bucks. They had to blow the electrons out of the lines, and top off the electrical level, too. Took em most of all day to get it done.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Same situation but they were having a special, they clean and repacked the muffler bearings for free.
PV
.

PV wrote:

My dealer throws in a free winter air change in the tires as a promo.
Harry K

Now that would seal the deal!
PV

Harry K wrote:

Hey, that's not that funny. We actually have garages that fill you tires with nitrogen for something like $6 each with free top-offs. If you have a flat and fit it somewhere else, you bring it in and the will suck out the air and put the nitrogen in. So they are, in effect, changing the air. Go figure.

Considering that normal air is 70% nitrogen to begin with... Is there any actual reason you'd want to fill your tires with nitrogen? Or was that the joke and I'm just too stupid to get it?
-- Possibly stupid Bob
Odd Bob wrote:

It's 80%...what's "abnormal" air? :)

Excuse me, 78%. Wasn't thinking there. As for 'abnormal' air, presumably it's whatever they're putting in the tires...
-- Bob
odd snipped-for-privacy@odd.bob says...

AIUI oxygen attacks the rubber. At higher pressure (2.5ATM) some say the degradation is significant. Nitrogen is also dried so will not add water to the tire. Do I believe the difference is significant? I'm not convinced. Do I bother? Nope.
--
Keith

There is also advertising (note that I don't say studies) that say you get better gas mileage with the nitrogen. If they put it in for free with my next set, I'll probably get it. If not...

It's the same statistical lie used by lubricating oil companies. (compare against car that been using the same oil for 150K miles)
The fuel economy improvement when using nitrogen in the tires is undoubtably when compared to running on four flat tires.

And what about the oxygen on the outside? And how about comparing to the effects of road wear? What is the point of eliminating the effects of two miles of driving if you're going to drive ten thousand times that in a year?
AZ Nomad wrote:

His point was that the higher pressure within the tire would increase the activity of the oxygen beyond normal atmospheric.....but note the "some say". I'll continue to use the 80% stuff.
I had to go to my grandma's to fix some horrible problem she was having with her car. I needed to fix it before something horrible happened because she thought it could blow up.
It was the washer fluid dummy light.
This is the local company. I have NO IDEA if this works or not.
http://www.dunntire.com/InflationFuelSystem /
I asked about nitro of the engine instead of the tires, but they just looked at me funny.
Odd Bob wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

cheapskate !! !! !! .. .. .. shoulda paid a little $$$ extra and had them use the premium halogen fluid !! !! !!

Dang! Nobody ever tells me about the good stuff!
<<<__ Bob __>>> wrote:

Most dealers will also drain the light suckers as part of the service.
Harry K
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Did they also change the air in tires from summer air to winter air ??
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Chris, Brigham Young just turned over in his grave trying to figure out
what has happened to you. Jack & Ginger