Blinds hard to open, can I lube with silicone?

I have the cheapo window blinds from Borg Depot. These things are notorious for becomeing harder and harder to open.
Strong ratcheting sound as the spinning mechanism that the strings pull against rub against the plastic.
How do I lube metal-on-plastic parts like that?
Certainly not a hydrocarbon based lube....that could eat the plastic, right? Will silicone oose out and make a mess of the string?
--
I\'m pretty sure that I\'m not the man from Nantucket...

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 13:55:41 +0000, Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

Try a dab of lithium, you got nothing to lose at this point.

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 08:49:30 -0700, Eigenvector wrote:

That might work too.
On Jun 9, 8:55 am, "Thomas G. Marshall"

At $3.65 for the smaller sizes, and around $6 for the larger, why even bother?
At that price, I replace the ones on my rentals between tenants when they are dirty.
JK
be sure they are completely open before opening

Be sure they are open before opening??
JK
Big_Jake said something like:

...and another case made for bottom posting made...
--
"So I just, uh... I just cut them up like regular chickens?"
"Sure, just cut them up like regular chickens."
Thomas G. Marshall said something like:

...and another case made for correct grammar...
Criminey, some days...
--
"So I just, uh... I just cut them up like regular chickens?"
"Sure, just cut them up like regular chickens."
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 22:37:41 GMT, "Thomas G. Marshall"

Yes.
wrote in message

Spray silicone won't hurt anything and is the only product you can safely use.
Since you mentioned cord. Are these wand or cord tilt?
If they are the 1" vinyl just trash them and buy some more. The 2" faux wood is worth a modest amount of effort.
If this is a vertical blind, liberally spray the inside of the headrail and that will almost always solve the problem.
Will be glad to follow up on this if you post more detailed info.
Colbyt