Blending a new partition wall

I have two inside walls meeting in an outside corner. Both have drywall with heavy orange peel. I want to extend one of them a bit with a partition wall. I want the side of the partition wall to blend seamlessly with the wall it is extending. I can think of two ways...
1. Remove the corner metal where the partition wall will join and clean off extraneous drywall compound. When new wall is built and has drywall, tape the joint.
2. Remove the corner metal where the partition wall will join and cut out part of the existing wall back to a stud. Use one piece of drywall to cover cut out section and new partition, tape joint. Two joints, actually, as there would be a horizontal one where the top of the cut out piece was.
Either way, I'd also have to texture and paint, obviously.
Which way would you suggest and have you a better way? Leave the corner metal alone?
--

dadiOH
____________________________

ition

he

ff

ape

cover

Isn't there a stud behind the corner, It would be unusual to have an oiutside corner without a stud located at that point?

Block walls. There is a nailer but smaller than a 2x4. NP for me.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Oren wrote:

Sure. Here are a couple of Sketchup screenshots.
This one is the subject of my post... www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/the_corner.jpg
This one shows it a couple of different ways but is smaller because it shows all of what I'm messing with... www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/whole_thing.jpg
--

dadiOH
Oren wrote:

Thanks, Oren, that is pretty much what I was thinking.
--

dadiOH