Bleach Dispenser Question

The bleach dispenser on my Kenmore washing machine drains very slowly. It looks like the slow down is in the tube leading from the cup to the tub. Is there anything fancy win the tube, like a flap or flow constrictor? If not, I'll try shoving a wire down it to hopefully unblock it.

I have a new Kenmore washer that has a dispenser like this that also drains slowly. As long as it all gets out before the washer begins agitating, it doesn't matter, right?
Or are you saying yours takes longer than that to empty?

Yes, it looks like it wasn't finished after the load was done. Once the agitation started, the vibration appears to have splattered the bleach all over inside and then on to the floor.

Whenever I have a load of laundry that I wash using HOT water, I take a few cups of water from the filling nozzle and pour it in the bleach "dispenser".
It seems that any "dispenser" that isn't used collects "stuff". I often fill the softener with hot water a few times also.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

There's a valve at the bottom. The bleach is dispensed at the appropriate point during the wash cycle.
On 21 Feb 2007 12:42:41 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

It is supposed to add the bleach slowly to prevent fabric damage. Best not to mess with the tube. Try adding water to the dispenser when you wash colors.