blade types for Bosch jigsaw

I'm considering getting a Bosch 1590 jigsaw. You are supposed to use the t-shank blades in this jigsaw, but I was wondering if you can also use u-shank blades too? (I checked the Bosch website, and I couldn't find anyplace where they say one way or the other.) The reason I ask is that I have a pile of u-shank blades that I would prefer not to throw away just because I'm getting a new jigsaw.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Good enough reason for me. Given the quality of the Bosch saw, you won't care about getting rid of some extra blades. Use the saw, then you will know what I mean.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Ken,

I don't think so. The t on the blade aligns the blade when you insert it. Check with Bosch to be sure, but I would get the saw again no matter what the answer you get.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

Don't bother with your old blades! If you're spending $150 on a new jigsaw (and every penny of that will be well-spent on a 1590), you shouldn't worry about an extra $20 for a good selection of new blades. Once you use the new saw with the new Bosch Progressor blades, you'll want to throw away everything having to do with your old jigsaw. Trust me. If you haven't found a good place to buy one yet, check Coastaltool.com

- it's $149 including a blade assortment pack. Or reconditioned from Bosch on ebay. No affiliation with any of these companies - just a very satisfied customer. Andy

Reply to
andynewhouse

Sort of like not buying a new Corvette because you still have good snow tires from the Fiat.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Okay, you guys have sold me! I'm going to get the saw on the way home from work tonight, regardless of what blades it uses!

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Reply to