Blade angle

On the net I've seen recommended sharpenning angles from

25-45degrees. What do You Guys recommend for a 30" cut 10hp rider and a 42" 20hp..There are some gravel issues here that will probably never be 100% fixed cause the snowplow has to use yards to push the snow to. Will Your angle recommendation change if I decide to use the mulch plug for the 42"? Thanks,,,,Dean
Reply to
Dean

30 degrees , the bevel is 2x as long as the thickness of the blade, then blunt the very edge by 1/64th or so for durability
Reply to
beecrofter

Just a thought on the gravel in the stones, Dean. I have the same issue and instead of trying to get gravel out of the grass in the spring I found prevention to be easier. Maybe twice per winter when we get a thaw and the gravel becomes aparent on the melting snow I use a flat shovel to shave it from the snow and toss it back on the berm. It isn't perfect but has reduced my spring gravel chores by 95%.

Reply to
C & E

Thanks to You and beecrofter, both replies were helpful. Dean

Reply to
Dean