Blacktop/Concrete seam - How to seal or caulk?

I have a seam between a blacktop driveway and a concrete wall where all of the caulking material is coming loose.
The concrete/asphalt gap is like 1/2" and the seam is 8 feet long. Behind the seam there is a fairly large space in the dirt, consider a cylinder 3/4" in diameter the length of the seam.
Any ideas what I should caulk or seal this gap with?
Thanks.
-P
on 8/4/2007 2:41 PM snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com said the following:

Quikrete asphalt mix, at any big box store.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 11:41:58 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote Re Blacktop/Concrete seam - How to seal or caulk?:

Fill the seam with pea gravel to about 1/4" from top. Then fill the top 1/4" with asphalt sealer such as this <http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?originalValue=asphalt+cement&L2=Blacktop&operator=prodIndexRefinementSearch&L1=Fillers%2C>
Pack the gravel down before covering with sealer.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

Check latexite.com. They have a product that is like 3/8 or 1/2 rope that goes in the gap. Then you heat it with a torch and it melts forming a tough but flexible filler. If you don't use that, then I'd fill it as suggested above, and then use the liquid crack filler available at home centers. Probably should use two steps, filling it part way, let it cure, then fill it the rest of the way.
On Aug 4, 7:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Thanks. Several good ideas. I may use the latexite stuff for some driveway cracks
Anyway, I have decided to go with the "pea gravel + asphalt sealer" approach. That leaves me with one question.
Should I use the stuff in caulking tubes labeled "DAP Blacktop Asphalt VOC sealant" OR should I use the more liquidy "Asphalt Crack Seal" in the quart sized squeeze bottle?
-P